Need Help With New Tactic

• Thread starter Thread starter herbster123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

herbster123

Reaction score
Basically, i've been wanting to try out a tactic involving 5 at the back with the wing backs being the only wide players and therefore being used for both attack and defence. I've only really gone with the good old 451s and 442s so I've never really had much experience creating new tactics.

I was hoping for a formation such as:

--CB--CB--CB--
WB---DM---WB
------CM------
---AM---AM---
------ST------

OR

--CB--CB--CB--
WB---DM---WB
---CM---CM---
------AM------
------ST------

I need a suggestion for which team to be, preferably one with a decent transfer budget, so that i can reshape my team from the very start, but also one which isn't already dominating their league (mid table would be ideal). I'd prefer one in the top teir of either Italy, Spain, France or Germany.

Also, i could do with some tips on things like player instructions/roles and team instructions, particularly for the wing backs and central defenders as I'm not sure how to organise them with 5 at the back.

Also, if you guys could recommend any decent wing backs i should look at i'd be grateful :)

Sorry for the long post and i know i asked a lot of questions but i hope you guys can help me out.

Julien faubert from west ham as a wing back! fast and has stats to succeed in premier leagues accross the globe! Dont know what your looking for in a tactic, possesion?? goals?? combination of the two?? have three cbs at same mentality everything set to rarely.
two wing backs with the same mentality as DM!!! runs set to sometimes and crossing often!
for the dm make him playmaker and set everything to rarely and have him as deep lying playmaker role!
iv got a tactic in that formation that i can send to you if you want! pm me your email and promise to post your season results and il share it with ya! choose a team you enjoy managing! id vote Roma or Juventus for italy, athletic bilbao ot athletic madrid for span and psg for france!

Thanks for the tips, some really great info in there :)
Think i'll probably go with atletico madrid in the end and try to push for the title. I'd prefer to start the tactic from scratch and use the tips you gave me, but i'll try to update with how things are going.

Cheers

Well, pre seasons finally over. Took a lot longer than expected. Here's the results:

View attachment 264205

As you can see, not the most convincing pre season ever. Definitely need a few tweaks here and there but nothing disastrous.

Tactics for Pre Season:

View attachment 264206

Still looking to bring in one more player (central midfielder) to dominate in midfield. Might be tricky as available funds aren't too high at the moment. Any suggestions?

Transfer Budget - £4.11M
Wage Budget - £69.2K p/w

Back