Need help with tactics - stuck in a rut!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost78

Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with my Brentford save.
I am not a total novice with FM - got Brentford into the Championship on 2008 using 4-4-1-1
but my current game on 2010 is proving very difficult and frustrating!! I'm about ten games in sitting just above the drop zone.

I am very pleased with the players I have brought in (mostly youngsters for the future) so I am loathed to abandon my save and start again, but I am struggling to get the best out of my team.
I have tried 442 - 352 - 541 - 532 with creator, with tweaks, without tweaks. Keep letting in a lot of goals and if I get a lead can't hold onto it to win, just draw. I won my first game of the season away at Carlisle but have since only lost or drawn. The last two games I have ground out to 0-0 draws with 532 and wing backs.
I have all the players from the original Brentford line up in the squad (still getting round to shipping some
out) but my team is:

Lars Stubhaug
Seamus Coleman (Loan) (WB)
Scot Thompson (bought in from US)
Daniel Ayala (loan)
Karleigh Osborne
Ryan Dickson (WB)
Gael Kakuta (loan) Wide mid
Marcus Bean/David Hunt/Kevin O'Connor (holding or ballwinner)
John Bostock (Loan) Advanced play maker
Rhys Murphy (loan) Advanced forward
Goran Maric (free) (target man) or Steve Kabba (Poacher)

I don't really want to download tactics but I wonder if someone has the time to have a look at the Brentford squad and factor in the new players I have, to post how they would try to get the team winning.
Thanks
Dave

i would advise reading the TT&F mate, its a real eye opener even for experienced FM-ers

Status
Not open for further replies.