mc6415

Reaction score
Well first off I'm new here so please go easy, that being said I'm not new to the CM/FM series....

Basically what I've been trying to do for years and never quite getting it done is a tactic whereby my striker hangs near the back 4 alot, aha Poacher came along sorted.... or so I thought, the problem now is he likes to get wide, I play a pacey team and my striker is no exception having bought in Hulk from Porto, now my plan was counter attacking football, get it to Hulk let him get through with his explosive pace, then wack it in the back of the net using his long shot rating of 18, simples.

But I've never quite got it to work, my team seem to have something against Hulk and never want to pass the ball to him, any ideas how to get around this?

Many Thanks :)

Also Waka<)

If you set the creative freedom slider to low then the player will not ignore your instructions anywhere near as much .

For example setting creative freedom high and dribbling often for Messi may seem like a good idea, but often he will not driblle as his creative freedom is high meaning he can ignore the other settings.

Im sure there is a way to replicate this to get your striker to poach. Also try the PPM 'likes to beat offside trap' or similar.

Edit you could set hulk as the targetman with supply 'run onto ball' as well.

Last edited:
If you set the creative freedom slider to low then the player will not ignore your instructions anywhere near as much .

For example setting creative freedom high and dribbling often for Messi may seem like a good idea, but often he will not driblle as his creative freedom is high meaning he can ignore the other settings.

Im sure there is a way to replicate this to get your striker to poach. Also try the PPM 'likes to beat offside trap' or similar.

Edit you could set hulk as the targetman with supply 'run onto ball' as well.

All good suggestions, I'll give them a whirl and let you know how I get on, so far my rudimentary tactic seems to be doing ok, last game Werder Bremen 4-1 Hoffenheim with Hulk grabbing all 4, 2 of them on the break :D

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Seemed to work ok,

Werder Bremen 4-2 Everton

Hulk grabbing all 4 again, the only problem was I seemed quite shaky at the back, and second best in most departments, though that may have just been the opposition I guess.