pala

Reaction score
I'm not too expert in FM, only been playing since FM10, so I can't consider my self to have too much experience, which is why I struggle in my game.
I have this Liverpool squad whom under perform badly (except for Carroll who is great).
Problems are I happen to concede too many goals, I don't score much either. Another problem is with it. I can't stand buying unrealistic targets (on certain) and want to keep it as close to reality as possible. That's why I don't want for example to buy Pastore to save my life, or so on. Another thing is I hate regens and I will never play or develop regens. Good thing that Liverpool has some great talents in their youth system.
Last thing is, I'm trying my best to keep a 4-3-2-1 system (or so with 3 midfielders and a striker) so I'd like for people here to shout suggestions on players to purchase / tactics / anything.
View attachment 194361

Oh well, I'm looking to buy two high profile sales, due to the loan spell of Shelvey and selling Maxi. So a Midfielder and an attacking midfielder who can play either center or right side.

Use Downing on right cutting inside. For midfielder either Moussa Sissoko or Marek Hamsik. Then you could also start checking out striker competition for Carroll. I'd choose Edison Cavani from Napoli.

Use Downing on right cutting inside. For midfielder either Moussa Sissoko or Marek Hamsik. Then you could also start checking out striker competition for Carroll. I'd choose Edison Cavani from Napoli.
I am worried about having two high profile strikers. Carroll can play all the games in a season, really. Why would I need another striker then? He will root in the bench (and I want my players to win awards, so I have to play specific players all the time)
Plus I have Suarez.
Does in FM a competition actually improves the players? Such function exists?

I just realized there are actually few decent AMR in the world....Wow.

I am worried about having two high profile strikers. Carroll can play all the games in a season, really. Why would I need another striker then? He will root in the bench (and I want my players to win awards, so I have to play specific players all the time)
Plus I have Suarez.
Does in FM a competition actually improves the players? Such function exists?

Players hit cold streaks occasionally so that's why I like to have other options. And Cavani is way much better than Carrol.