• Thread starter Thread starter Matiii89
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2K

Matiii89

Reaction score
Hi!

As the title says, I need some ideas.
At the moment I'm in 2014/2015 season and doing pretty good, fighting in a close title race with City, Tottenham and Stoke. It's just that I keep getting the feeling that I'm overachieving, I need to strengthen the team but I don't really know where to begin.

I've been pretty successful so far; won the league in the first season, finished second in the second season and won again in the third season. I also reached the Champions League finals in my third season and lost to Man U.

My current team (I'm using the "Swansea Treble First Season (Sumthin's 4-2-3-1) tactic):

GK:
Szczesny
FB:
Leighton Baines, Vrsaljko, James Thompson (a good regen, lacking in speed atm) and Gibbs
CB:
Vermaelen, Koscielny, Kurt Zouma and two promising regens.
DM:
Lorenzo Crisetig, Alex Song, Frimpong and Coquelin
AMC:
Wilshere, Ramsey and Arteta
Wingers:
Oxlade-Chamberlin, Willian, Gervinho
Strikers:
Yaya Sanogo, van Persie and M'baye Niang

I have a really good AMC, DM and RB coming through my youth team so don't really want to ruin their chances of first team football in the near future (2 seasons or so).

I need to strengthen my defense as I'm conceding on average 1 goal/game but I don't really know how.

I have a transfer budget of over £100m as I've been doing it the "Wenger way", buying cheap and selling of players when I get a good offer and have a replacement in line. The most expensive transfer so far was Baines for around £20.5m.

What would you do with this team?

switch tactic. try playing an athletic bilbao style (i think there is a tactic on here)

gussepi prestia is a good talent in defence and try converting song to a cb (he is imence with the right tactic)

Ok, what exactely is an "athletic bilbao style" tactic? I'll look i the tactics section.
I'll check out prestia. If I convert Song to CB, I will loose my by far best DM :/ Then I need a replacement, or if I keep playing Crisetig and hope he will improve fast enough, unless I change tactic to one that doesn't use DM's

coquelin or frimpong are adequate replacements if you are playing a anchorman or dmc. Bilbao basically play a very rigid 4-5-1 but the lack of creative freedom is a blessing in disguise at home and the rigid set up is perfect away in league football. you may still concede the odd goal but will be a handful going forward.

I am using the formation atm as arsenal and I have played 20 games and scored 67 goals and conceded 9. There are very few articles about their style but I may write one as I think Bielsa is a genius.

Otherwise buy one of the following Fernandinho, De Rossi, Javi Martinez, although if you get Martinez re-train him as a cb instead he is even better than song imo

Are you not playing the players in the best condition as that is the key to the tactic you are using.

I am playing my players in their correct positions, yes. It's not that I have big problems with my team, I'm still fighting for the league (in 2nd place 2 points after city), it's more that I feel I'm over achieving. I feel like I've been riding my luck for at least the last season or two. It still works as I'm getting the results but it's just not stable, if you understand what I mean.

I'm thinking of getting Javi Martinez to secure my defensive midfield. I would need another winger as well as I only have 3 at the moment, who would you recommend me to buy? Preferably fast :)

gerard deulofeou from barcelona is a pacy winger, belhanda, there is a guy playing for udinese atm I read about him but can't remember his name. will look for him or susaeta from bilbao. but defo martinez as he can do both a holding midfield or a cb which is his most affective position

Yeah your CBs need some back-up. I went for Nicolas Nkoulou firstly or Abdel El Kaoutari, but with that budget you could look at Simon Kjaer or Andrea Ranocchia.

If you're gonna re-train Song, then try to sign Sami Khediera from Real Madrid, was an absolute beast for my Arsenal side as an Anchor man.

As for wingers... James Rodriguez, Hulk, Douglas Costa (I hate that ******* at Man C) Erik Lamela

I'm just avoiding the obvious choices like N. Otamendi, T. Silva, E. Hazard, M. Gotze etc...

CDM - Yann M'vila Top class, player of season in my save with everton (at arsenal) av rating of 7.42! Managed rennais before and he is solid...

Thanks for all the ideas guys, gonna look into those players and see what can be done. I'm trying to keep my finances in check so I don't really want another £120,000 a week player, as I have van Persie and Baines both around that number.

My annual wages as of right now is £77m, don't want them to increase to much :)

Tried getting Javi Martinez, but Bilbao wanted £39.75m for him :/ that felt a bit hefty for me. I did manage to find a good DM regen, almost ready for first team action straight away, just need to work on his strength which is only 9..

I signed Erik Lamela for £22.5m and got him down to £80k/week, not the best wage deal but I hope it's worth it. Although, he wasn't granted work permit.. and I can't loan him out as I got him on transfer deadline day and the Belgium transfer window is already closed.. so I guess he's gonna play in my reserve team or something until I can give him a new, probably super expensive contract :/

Sami Khedira is at PSG and they dun wanna sell, I picked up an Italian CB regen as well, I hope he will work out good as cover for my defense

Last edited:
cool any screen shots to see the regens. Sorry bout Martinez he would have made your team epic, tbh if you had stumped up the cash he might have asked for silly money.

if your still stuck with formations I can upload the ones I am using

Tried getting Javi Martinez, but Bilbao wanted £39.75m for him :/ that felt a bit hefty for me.

I signed Erik Lamela for £22.5m and got him down to £80k/week, not the best wage deal but I hope it's worth it. Although, he wasn't granted work permit.. and I can't loan him out as I got him on transfer deadline day and the Belgium transfer window is already closed.. so I guess he's gonna play in my reserve team or something until I can give him a new, probably super expensive contract :/

Shame on both mate. Good luck.

Here are the screenies of the two regens I picked up.

Miroslav Opiela, Def Mid. Trying to up his strength at the moment.
View attachment 248413

Roberto Gandola, CB. Working on his tackling.
View attachment 248414

Yep, both those regens should turn out world class with enough game time. I'd work on the tactics of that CB heavily too, collectively weaker than his tackling at present.

If you're aiming to regularly win the premiership/ win it with ease then you're definitely looking for a solid first team CB, IMO Koscielny should only be a squad player. See if Chris Samba is looking for a move back to the prem, I know he'll be 'mature' in your game now but he'll also be a fantastic tutor for that regen/ Zouma.

I currently use Vermaelen as a tutor, did for Zouma and he's currently tutoring my regen. He works really good for me, good determination and they seem to improve really good with him as a tutor, but maybe Samba is better?

Back