Why is My Tactics Taking so Long to Learn?!

Scotty98TR

Reaction score
I created the tactics in late June, and have had the training as very heavy on tactics ever since, with no rest before or after games and no match training... Yet look how low the familiarity is?! The League starts in a few days, so I might have to just start the save again :(

Anybody know why it is taking so long, and anything I can do to help it?

View attachment 306557

Probably because its very different from the teams normal style of play, also you need to set training to tactics only I think, this should speed it up

Because you General Training to be set to Tactics / Team cohesion, AND match training to be set to Tactics Only.

Have the slider at the very left of the Scheduling slider.

I created the tactics in late June, and have had the training as very heavy on tactics ever since, with no rest before or after games and no match training... Yet look how low the familiarity is?! The League starts in a few days, so I might have to just start the save again :(

Anybody know why it is taking so long, and anything I can do to help it?

View attachment 306557

Like answered above: Training Tactics means that the players focus more on those stats in that category, like Anticipation etc. It has nothing to do with your Tactical approach. You need to use atleast 35 % of the time on the match prep, and here you use Tactics. If yhou want the team to come together as a group etc, then use Team Cohesion as this speeds things up

Last edited:
Because you General Training to be set to Tactics / Team cohesion, AND match training to be set to Tactics Only.

Have the slider at the very left of the Scheduling slider.

Like answered above: Training Tactics means that the players focus more on those stats in that category, like Anticipation etc. It has nothing to do with your Tactical approach. You need to use atleast 35 % of the time on the match prep, and here you use Tactics. If yhou want the team to come together as a group etc, then use Team Cohesion as this speeds things up

Ah right, this explains it then. I presumed that the tactical training was learning the tactics, but going by what you said it makes sense :) Still doesn't explain what I have written below though.. :L
Cheers you two!! :D

Probably because its very different from the teams normal style of play, also you need to set training to tactics only I think, this should speed it up

I am playing a short, controlling kind of game though. And just out of curiosity, I have changed several settings (E.g. mentality, closing down, etc.) and no matter what I put it on, none of the familiarity bars change! Is is some kind of bug?