Scaldo

Reaction score
Started my season with Wigan with some pretty poor performances, I had been playing a 4-2-3-1 With Inside Forwards but I don't feel it suits the players I have. I've added Tom Ince and Leandro Damiao to the side and both are a big part of my plans. Any advice on a tactic to use or style of play I should try to adopt would help.

Well, I'm no expert, but I've been running a 4-1-3-2. Standard four backs on the line (no wingbacks.) One typical CM, ideally a defensive playmaker, and then 3 AM's (AMC, AML, AMR.) Two strikers up front. My two big transfers were Jordan Rhodes from Blackburn and Ben Davies from Swansea.

Rhodes has been absolute class for me. 6 games, 4 goals and 3 assists, he's a beast. Davies has been a bit slower, but he's 20 and I expect him to come on as he develops some more. I considered picking up Ince, but the price tag seemed to high for me. This formation has been alright for me, but it's got its flaws. Counters can get me occasionally and players tire quickly. I'm running a Control offense in a rigid set. Seems to be ok. The biggest thing with Wigan, is their squad is already pretty good, just building for the Premier League.

Anyways, enough rambling, that's my tactic hope it works for you. You may need to look to add a premier goal scorer if you don't have one already.

Scaldo have you had any success with any tactics with Wigan yet? im struggling big time, also who else have you signed?