Need tactical advice to get the absolute best out of this incredibly promising squad

Lille

Reaction score
I've reached a tactical slump. I've been using a narrow 433 for the most part, doing well consistently getting CL placing (mostly 3rd).
However, I believe its time for a change, to go for a more radical approach. I need to get away from the narrow formation due to the number of Wingers I have coming in and that I want a change in Philosophy.
The core players in this squad:
-Laporte Mid/Forward
-Girard Forward
-Charles Forward/Winger
-Bouzidi Forward/Winger (6'6)
-Kone Def/Mid
-Luis Mid
-Adebanjo Mid
-Rashica Winger
-Monteiro Fullback
-Espinha Fullback
-Chasselat Winger
-Lefebvre Mid
Im a big fan of the philosophy of Pep Guardiola/Bielsa/Sarri in which the players overload the midfield and pressure the opponents. I've been Trying a form of 4222 , a sort of 2242 and a 2242 with a DM, however im at a loss for the tactics/Instructions and role for my philosophy to work. I know trial and error is the best way to see it work, but im very close to finally catch PSG after years of domination. Its better not to risk it.
Any advice on the instructions/Roles/PPM/Formation would be extremely appreciated, im mainly gonna implement it later this season or after.

Hey

Just won 18 straight games with my new Sarri tactic for FM18, which is basically an update of the one I did on steam for FM17. Although i'm still kind of improving it.

It has a winger, who plays the Callejon role on the right, then an inside forward, playing the Insigne role on the left.

Have a look at it, and the blog post, there's a lot of tactical stuff in the post, although I try not to go too indepth. Give it a go, sounds like we're setting our teams up in a similar way, so some of the discussion on the blog might be of interest, you might be able to help improve it further.

https://footballmanager2017dotblog....n-based-433-tactic-for-football-manager-2018/

Cheers

can you upload your tactic? i would be very happy to tweak it and send it back to you :)