NEED URGENT HELP RE: downloading transfer updates

Baggie Crow

Reaction score
Right, so I've got FM12 and have found a few up to date transferd databases on the forums but i don't know:

a) how to download them
b) how to turn them into usable files
c)get them into the game

The hard part at the minute is turning apparently unusable files into a database that i can then put into the game. I have the editor and the resource manager but I dunno how to put things into them. Once their sorted into usable data i think i know how to get them onto the actual game instead of the old January 2012 update that i have at the minute. any help would be appreciated.

Firstly, if you have downloaded the FM2013 update this will not work in FM2012, as many of the league are unplayable.

There is an FM12 update somewhere on here but I believe there are a few issues, such as Barcelona playing in both the Champions League and the Europa League.

Before downloading any updates I would download a program like Winrar as this is needed to extract the file.

Once you've downloaded Winrar, download the new transfer update then open this with Winrar, then extract the file into the following path: Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\editor data. If there is no editor data folder then create one.

Once you've done this, start a new game and before selecting all the leagues etc, tick the box which says 'change' next to the editor data files, then simply select the database you'd like to use.

i get to this stage and theres nothing to change if you get what i mean. like its in the right folder but the game says i have nothing? I have saved some of the games installation to an f:/ drive which is my external hard drive i dunno if that makes a difference

Have no idea about the game being in an external hard drive mate, but I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference really as the file is located in the 'My Documents' folder...

So you have Winrar and you have extracted the file into the 'editor data' folder? You don't need to open the file, just place it in the folder. Also, make sure the name of the folder is 'editor data' and not 'editordata' or 'Editor Data' as this won't work.

When you start a new game, do you see this?

View attachment 463823