Nerd Q: Youth players XP Points u18/u21/Int.nat games

zindrinho

Reaction score
This is something I've always wondered but never asked, nerd question alert!:

Youth players raise attributes faster from playing well. Naturally, a 17yr old gettin avg 8,5 in u21 will be better for his development than getting 8,5 rating in a u18 game.
Even better if he gets 8,5 in a first time game, no doubt!

But does anyone know how the u18/u21 cups rank? will a player gain more "XP points" from a u21 cup match or a "normal" u21 game?
My thoughts is getting to the u21/u18 cup final and winning it will be great for their development, no?

and how about international games? A friendly or EC qualification game?

Not sure if XP Points is the right word for it, but since determination can be key because it makes them play better,
there must be some sort of system or mathematical equation for how quickly a player develops?

Hope it made sense and maybe even tickled someone elses funny-bone ;)

Determination has no more bearing on a player's development than any other attribute.

Match ratings also do not influence player development - game time and the level they're getting it at, does.

Not sure about the cup v league question though, although I'd guess that it'll be league, as with the senior competitions.

Match ratings also do not influence player development - game time and the level they're getting it at, does.

it doesnt? I've always thought you wanted to let youth players do well in the games they play rather than getting trashed against big teams?
Thats why I thought determination was good, because it makes them play better (or at least try to play better)

How do you feel about international games then? K.Hause has been called up to England u21 to play european qualifier match
and therefore felt I should rest him in the league (championship) so he can be fit to play u21 for england and gain more "XP points"

still baffled that their match ratings dont matter for development! :O

it doesnt? I've always thought you wanted to let youth players do well in the games they play rather than getting trashed against big teams?
Thats why I thought determination was good, because it makes them play better (or at least try to play better)

How do you feel about international games then? K.Hause has been called up to England u21 to play european qualifier match
and therefore felt I should rest him in the league (championship) so he can be fit to play u21 for england and gain more "XP points"

still baffled that their match ratings dont matter for development! :O
Like I said, I don't know about which games/leagues are better than others.

On match performances, Cleon is the man in the know about training: Player roles vs. match ratings