Netbook Guide For FM2010

Hey peeps, tis me again, im getting frustrated with FM10 and my Netbook with Ubuntu on.

I spend hours install winetrick medias dotnet 1, 2, vcrun, vbrun, directx9 and etc... and now the installer loads and I get an error message saying "The Installer cannot be run on this system" Does that mean I need more RAM etc.. or am I missing something?

Hey i own a netbook. 3-D mode works on a basic netbook or a graphic card is compulsory???

Depends on your netbook model.

Most newer netbooks are capable of playing the 3D match engine, but the vast majority of them will run slowly if you do.

So its much better to stick to 2D mode or even text commentary :)

Hey i have a problem: When i start FM on my netbook,netbook restarts everytime after 5 mins. No problems with my desktop computers. HELP

Also 3-D works well in 1 GB ram!! ;)

Hey, I followed the instructions word by word, went to load FM 2010 and this popped up;

23msm7m.jpg

Is this correct?
33ndc3b.jpg

Last edited:
The target field appears to be corerct. What netbook do you ahve and what is the spec?

I run FM10 on my dell inspron 10v mini, i have done since the game was launcehed (at first attached to a 22" tft screen until MichaelMurray's skin was released) apart from the 3d engine, nothing different than running on a proper pc

as for the crash when pressing preferences, there is a way round this - Attach an external monitor, change the preferences however youy want - detach the ext monitor ;)

great guide for n00bs in the mini FM world :)

The target field appears to be corerct. What netbook do you ahve and what is the spec?

Sorry, not very good with spec, here's what I found though;

Compaq Mini 110c-1120SA 10.1-inch Netbook (Windows XP Home, Intel Atom Processor N270, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB SATA HDD, BT, up to 6 Hours Battery Life)

It worked before, but then was uninstalled (by my brother) and since downloading FM again it has not worked.

Sorry, not very good with spec, here's what I found though;

Compaq Mini 110c-1120SA 10.1-inch Netbook (Windows XP Home, Intel Atom Processor N270, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB SATA HDD, BT, up to 6 Hours Battery Life)

It worked before, but then was uninstalled (by my brother) and since downloading FM again it has not worked.

Spec appears to be fine. Try copying and pasting this into the target field.

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

When you say reinstalled, did you change the method of installation? Ie was it previosly done by steam and now its an offline install, or vice versa?

I assume by download, you mean a legal copy also?

I assume by download, you mean a legal copy also?

Yes, I downloaded off steam so, I presume I have to install again from Steam, or is there another way (offline install) like you mentioned?

Help Please

When i copy and paste the
"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen ... into the target it says ..... The name
"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" specified in the target box is not valid.make sure the path and file name is correct. please help

When i try to copy the link and paste, and pull USE, the computer say that the map is not valid, and don't work! Why does this happens? Since the message stands on norwegian, and I'm not the best on translating, i cant post it :S!

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen ... into the target it says ..... The name
"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" specified in the target box is not valid.make sure the path and file name is correct. please help

same happends for me any ideas

Its not really working for me.. I changed the target and it just loads up, but i don't see anything, then i click it again about 5mins later and it says it's already running.. fml, please check out my thread.. and help me with my netbook trouble...

help

i have downloaded the fm2011, mounted the disc, edited the properties of the shortcut, and it worked fine for the first day. in the morning i went to open FM but the icon only came up on my task menu on te new windows 7 and on the task manager it says its running but i still see my background and no fm. this is really annoying me now ive been trying to figure this out for 5 days now

please someone help me!!!

I'm running FM2012 on my netbook (it's on Ubuntu OS) and it starts perfectly fine even when not windowed. However, when I exit the game, it never exits and I have to force shut down my netbook. Any solutions?

same happends for me any ideas

Maybe you installed your game in a different folder?