Network game error - Unable to connect to server.

Masscherano

Reaction score
Hey there,
I'm trying to host a network game for me and my friends...
I've set it up like any normal game and the "Run as server" button or whatever it is, is ticked.
After I tried setting it up at my friends house, I got this unable to connect to server error.
So I googled solutions to the problems... and now I've downloaded hamachi, and followed the guide from FMScout.
So as a host:
I turned it on, created network and gave these details to my friend.
Who then correctly inputted the details and on both laptops we were successfully connected to Hamachi.
So the next stage was for my friend to try and join the game I had set up on FM using my Hamachi IP address, after successfully inputting the address got the same unable to connect to server error again...
We've both restarted FM and I've tried creating the game multiple times now...

Can anybody please give me some advice on how to fix this error?
Cheers,
Masscherano.

The problem will be with Hamachi not Steam. Hamachi is what connects your two games together. (sorry not trying to demean). First of all check both your game status and make sure your game versions are up to date with the same versions.

If that doesn't work, Let your mate host a game and try to connect to it just to be sure that It is a hamachi problem.

Next, I'm not sure. Reinstall hamachi perhaps? Don't forget the person connecting to the host game has to use the IPv4 address that is on hamachi. (It's found next to the person hosting's name on Hamachi. It will have a series of Numbers like an IP address. IPv4/IPv6 on the latest hamachi version. You only need the first set of numbers)

I have had an issue also where it took some time to connect to a network game. Perhaps just keep trying it. If your double clicking the saved information that displays the server name. Try clicking join game down the bottom right and re-enter the address.

All that I can think of.

That was a post I gave someone a few days ago, Relatively the same information.

Last edited:
Back