Network game error

• Thread starter Thread starter Joey_Holder
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 1K

Joey_Holder

Reaction score
Note, not sure if I should have put this in Network Game section or Technical help, so if I'm wrong I do apologize.

For a couple of years now I have been playing Football Manager with a friend on a Local Server (I would take my laptop down his house). We have never encountered any problems with it and connection was as expected, fine. My friend used to live about a 5 minute walk away from where I live, but he has recently moved to a place that makes it far too difficult to visit so we wanted to set up a network game for us to keep up still. We both have the most recent version of Football manager 12 (12.1.0, I believe) and both have Hamachi. I have successfully connected to his server and we have been able to use the chat feature through Hamachi. The problem begins here though. When i copy his IPV4 to clipboard, and go to join the network through Football Manager it freezes for a couple of seconds after I okay the address (I figure this is just the system processing) before I get the error -Unable to join server. I have allowed Football manager to be used private and publicly through firewall and to the best of my knowledge, so has my friend. After a while of looking around, I tried to connect one more time and now, after I press okay on the address, nothing happens. I click okay, and the box just disappears. There is no delay for processing and I am immediately able to access other functions (quick to start screen, for example).

Is there something Glaringly obvious that I have missed? I know with one of the previous Football Manager's there was a separate Disc you needed to buy to play 'Live', Is this still the case? I have done a Google search for "Football Manager 2012 Live" but no results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joe

Back