Network game frustration...Again!!! - FM2012

drifter07

Reaction score
Me and a mate always used to play network games through Hamachi on FM versions 2005-2008 and never had a problem until recent versions. Also used be be perfect connecting directly through FM (but this cant be done now because your router gives out 2 ip's)

We have tried Tunngle (recently) and Hamachi. When I join the host, it shows a 'good connection' & vice versa. I then get slowness within the game which makes it unplayable. It can take a good 7-8 seconds after you click on a player for his page to load & another 5 seconds to click on an action for the player. This also happens between any screen. But the host is Perfect, with no lag at all. Ping speeds are around 70-90 (which is quite slow)

I think we have tried nearly every solution, ie using ethernet instead of wireless, Hamachi settings, Firewall, Port forwaring etc etc. If anybody has had any similar problems it would be good to know. We both have 5-6mb broadband speeds & good upload speeds.

Can you play a network game through Steam?? Or is there any way to play a network game like the good old days without VPN software and connect directly to the host?

Any info would be great, because I think this could be the last time we try, after years of frustration. Thanks