ben1802

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just wondered if anyone could help me out? me and my mate have been playing a network game through hamachi for a few months now and since the new update/steam error problems where in order to play i read i needed to verify game cache( not sure if this is reason or not) my mate can no longer connect to our network game.

Does anyone have any ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated.

The problem will be with Hamachi not Steam. Hamachi is what connects your two games together. (sorry not trying to demean). First of all check both your game status and make sure your game versions are up to date with the same versions.

If that doesn't work, Let your mate host a game and try to connect to it just to be sure that It is a hamachi problem.

Next, I'm not sure. Reinstall hamachi perhaps? Don't forget the person connecting to the host game has to use the IPv4 address that is on hamachi. (It's found next to the person hosting's name on Hamachi. It will have a series of Numbers like an IP address. IPv4/IPv6 on the latest hamachi version. You only need the first set of numbers)

I have had an issue also where it took some time to connect to a network game. Perhaps just keep trying it. If your double clicking the saved information that displays the server name. Try clicking join game down the bottom right and re-enter the address.

All that I can think of.

Last edited: