Network Game, Serious problem.

nattydabest

Reaction score
Hey All.
I have recently encountered a problem with Football manager 2009, Network. Me and My cousin have been playing happily over the past weeks with Hamachi from my house to his. No lag and we have enjoyed our experience. I have been the host of the network game, from my house. Today, I have gone to my cousins house on a visit, bringing my laptop with me. We tried to continue our save game. I can load the game but my cousin cannot join. Yes, we both have internet connection, and are trying to work it on Local Server but have also tried with Hamachi. We have opened ports, which was originally the problem. Now, we have managed to get the game to show up on local servers. When my cousin now tries to connect, it says after loading for a while " The connection to the server failed. Make sure your network or modem cable has not fallen out. Make sure the server you are trying to connect to is running a compatible version of the game. If you are joining an internet game make sure your connected to the internet."

Has anyone got any solutions?

Well your ****** really i dont think there is out els you can do

i know whats wrong thakfully...

you guys are at the same house so no doubt on the same internet connection, therefore it wont work, because hamachi works on seperate internet connections only.

i know this because i had the same problem :p

when you go home you notice the game works fine....and your mate can join no problem

also if you two are on the same internet connection, you dont need hamachi to play your net game..

But we cant get the game working without using Hamachi? We have tried port forwarding with the portforwarding.com guide but that doesn't seem to work, and we have tried using several downloaders which seem to allow the port forwarding but dont make a difference!
Someone Must know?

ah im not too sure on that one, but when you go home it will work fine

We want it to work now though, I am here for a WHOLE 2 DAYS ISH.

I'm experiencing the same problem too guys, help if you can please