Neville extends Man Utd contract

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 833

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United club captain Gary Neville, 35, signs a new one-year contract at Old Trafford.

More...

Rafael will learn from this legendary man. He should work on his crossing though :P

Still a legend even in his twilight years, this is good news :)

Yes, i am very happy about this, still a legend always a legend.

Going into his 19th season now, amazing stuff. Deserves a new contract this season. I hope he stays for his 20th season. Would be a **** of an achievement.

Plays football how it should be played
With a passion for his team :wub:

Gary Neville? Never heard of him, is he a director or something? oO)

hes never fit and too slow now so abit of a waste of money just imo, pehaps they should sign him on as a coach
i feel the same about sol maybe a coaching role would be better for them both?

Great news, played the game the way it should be. As Kris said heading into his 19th season and while he has lost most of his pace he is still a great player to have in any squad. Best English RB that I know of to grace the game

Even if i don't support Man U, i like Gary Neville - He's one of the few footballers with real passion for his club. Some ****-tastic behaviour is only to be expected.

he probably wont play much, but like scholes and giggs maybe he wants just one more crack at sucess before retiring, either way he's more than deserved his extension, hopeully they will join the coaching staff next season (im sure giggs is already working on his coaching badges)

I think it's time for him to step down to be honest, he's too slow and I think Rafael should take over his position full-time. Credit to him for playing this long but it's time to stop. That's what we did with big Sami, and he's settled down with Leverkusen and is still impressive there. He got named the best defender in the league for the first third of this season. :)

I think it's time for him to step down to be honest, he's too slow and I think Rafael should take over his position full-time. Credit to him for playing this long but it's time to stop. That's what we did with big Sami, and he's settled down with Leverkusen and is still impressive there. He got named the best defender in the league for the first third of this season. :)
yeah and you could have done with him at the back this season. rael isnt ready yet, neville has got a huge amount of experience, if no pace, which has been made up for in games with valencia ahead, he may have struggled against ribery, but there arent many players who wouldnt struggle against him.

and he did pretty well keeping the sheer pace of bellamy quiet. good defenders can make up for a lack of pace with good positioning, ie Hyppia, and pace doesnt necessairly guarantee anything (johnson, rafael)

Speed doesnt always matter, he had craig bellamy in his pocket and bellamy is 10x quicker

Speed doesnt always matter, he had craig bellamy in his pocket and bellamy is 10x quicker
exactly, rafael had a mare against bellamy cos he was badly positioned all the time.

great news if he plays up agianst malouda again next season.

This doesn't surprise me, Man U are keeping the veterans for as long as possible.

This suprise me an United seem to become an ever agein side. Need freshening up a bit in my opinion,

Back