"New" Barcelona-kind of-players

• Thread starter Thread starter maltefb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3K

maltefb

Reaction score
Hi, i was planning on creating a "new" FC Barcelona - and with who? I really dont know, you can suggest that aswell, was thinking of Arsenal. But help me :) - with their kind of playing style and everything around it.
Thats why im asking you guys to suggest players that are kind of similiar to the players Barcelona have.
I hope you will come with a lot of suggestions and hopefully i can get them to my team :)

Last edited:
Fàbregas :P.
I'd say eden hazard,samir nasri,maybe maicon with his right wing attacks,kolarov for left-back / kind of center back, a central defender who could pass,from the top of my head I'd say Thiago silva, a quick gk to catch any incutting balls,

Last edited:
Fabregas is the man to get first of all thats for sure and havent thought of Nasri, but of course :) - Thank You

For a messi-kind player,the only one i can remember who can actually dribble that well would be robinho,but bringing that from irl football.Maybe neymar wouldn't be a bad choice.

Neymar could be a possibility, but is he an attacking midfielder as much as messi? I consider him more as a poacher or winger, but he is definitely in my mind for this team

You can do it with At. Madrid or Man City. Silva is a barca type player imo and both those teams have money so you can bring in the likes of Pastore and Ganso to fill the Iniesta/Xavi type roles as well as Thiago who you can usually get on a free after a couple years and can become a beast. You can play Aguero behind the striker and get a good poacher type player like Villa in Kadlec or Abel Hernandez. Kjaer is a good ball playing defender and someone like M'Villa or Vidal are excellent defensive midfielders who can pass well much like Busquets. Finding another Messi would be hard but Hazard scores a lot on the wing and is a playmaker.

I personally think that Granero could do the job a great passer of the ball good at set pieces not overly fast but has a good long shot

Great suggestions everybody, thanks! I think Atletico could be a great choice, though i am concerned on doing it in the same league as the "real" Barca. Kjaer is my favourite defender so he is s must by.
My shortlist is now :
Valdes :
D.Alves :
Pique : S.Kjaer
Puyol :
Abidal :
Iniesta :
Xavi : Fabregas
Busquets :
Messi : Hazard/Aguero/Pastore/Ganso
D.Villa :
Pedro : (Neymar)

Last edited:
From your shortlist,I'd suggest swapping abidal with kolarov,maybe iniesta with granero as suggested and probably villa with somebody like higuaín (if you are cheating) or kadlec if you arent.

I think Pastore and Ganso would be better as Xavi or Iniesta like mentioned

Valdes : De Gea
D.Alves : Rafael
Puyol : Not sure, havent had to buy a defender yet
Abidal : Coentrao
Iniesta : Modric
Busquets : Arturo Vidal
Messi : Hazard
D.Villa :/Aguero
Pedro : Gervinho, Nasri

Valdes : De Gae, Asenjo (Both good young keepers at At. Madrid)
D.Alves : Maicon, Srna, Santon
Puyol : David Luiz? He would be expensive though so not sure for this position
Abidal : Sakho (LB who is also excellent at CB)
Iniesta : Pastore (playmaker who gets forward and scores)
Xavi : Fabregas, Ganso, Thiago
Busquets : M'Villa, Vidal, Moussa Sissoko
Messi : Neymar, Lucas (Sao Paulo), Hulk, Manuel Mata (hes a beast and scores a ton)
D.Villa : Hernandez, Kadlec or even someone like Babacar or Lukaku who can be poachers as well as targetmen
Pedro : Hazard (his stats for finishing arn't great but he scores 20 goals a year usually on the wing), Elia, Marin, Alexis Sanchez

My suggestions

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Coentrao is a good shout to, go for him on the left and you can move Sakho to the middle.

Piatti for the Messi role? Of course he isn't Messi but he is quite good, 'inexpensive', and is a similar type of player in my books. Can be tutored in the first season too, if you feel like passing down a few ppms.

But dont you guys think that a player like Coentrao is far more offensive then Abidal ? Also the right back is still a question for me, is there any D.Alves out there other than the real one.Maybe Rafael is the closest.
But thank you for your suggestions, keep it coming, and any suggestions on other teams i could pick rather than City and Atl. Madrid would be welcome aswell.

Valdes : De Gea
D.Alves :
Puyol :
Abidal : (Sakho)
Iniesta : (Pastore)
Busquets : M'Vila
Messi : Hazard/Aguero/Pastore/Ganso
D.Villa : (Hernandez)
Pedro : (Neymar) Juan Mata

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Came to think of Otamendi? what do you think of him as the "killer" like Puyol? I know he dont have the hair but still (A)

Personally I would swap Mata and Hazard in replacing Pedro and Messi.

I still say Santon for RB, he is still young but develops into an excellent RB. Also maybe consider Lahm in that position?

I'd go for Azpilicueta or Maicon to play the Dani Alves role

as for clubs how about AC Milan, you get Pato, Robinho, Pirlo who could all fit into a Barca style sytsem

edit - If you need a Centre back with the Puyol haircut then David luiz is the man for the job :)

Last edited:
I will swap hazard and mata - i think you are right.

Milan could be the one, but right now Inter Milan is the leader. They got a good budget, they have a team i can change for good. and they have Eto'o .

yeah David luiz would be perfect but i doubt i can get him :(

edit - but maybe there are too much work to do in Inter, maybe Milan would do it.. hmm

Last edited:
Back