ali_arsenal

Reaction score
Basically I am starting a new game with Portsmouth on 11.2. Should I do a firesale and clear the clubs debts? Should I maintain current squad and give promotion a go or sell big players and get championship quality players?

Either way I will be documenting what I decide to do, any suggestions are welcome :)

I would keep the squad clean up some places here and there but play with your current players and you should win promotion i started a save with charlton who where in debt won the npower1 just about and championship and got into the prem with all debts clear and spend alot of cash of some great signings so yer i think you should keep your current squad.

yeah im going to just sell people with stupid wages i.e utaka 62k a week !, just starting pre season now so I'll post what ive done

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

all suggestions are welcome, although dont know how they will help with transfer embargo till end of september, I can sell players just cant bring any in, and with a squad of 13 and rubbish reserves is a bit ****. Selling Utaka thats it, then will go transfer crazy after september hopefully

Why are you starting 11.2 just out of curiosity?

If you can bring in Febian Brandy, great quality striker for that level and is free! Also Jay De Merit is a good signing as well.

If I remember correctly, Portsmouth don't have the biggest of squads. So, be careful with who your selling as during an injury crisis, you could be left with just Youth Players. I wouldn't sell Utaka until January, where hopefully he's scored goals and you can get a cheaper replacement. After the embargo is lifted in September, you will have to loan, loan and loan.

Good luck with it, if you get a good tactic you can pushing for the playoffs.

ive tried a million times to do 11.3 wont download, so 11.2 is latest patch for me haha brandys went to scunthorpe. I cant sign anyone until end of september so i wont get the best free agents. Im only selling nugent because no one will come in for utaka whos only rated at 1mil and has 62k wages so he'll have to keep. I think im gonna play two holding midfielders (brown,hughes) with kanu playing behind utaka as the trequatista, with lawrence and ritchie either side. When transfer embargo is lifted will try to get demerit or a young prem loan cb, and a creative cm loan or free

you can buy free agents under a transfer embargo. as far as I know demeritt is still a free agent on 11.2.

when you go for loan try jack colback from sunderland. i loaned him in my old portsmouth save and he ripped the championship apart, became my player of the season.

i wouldn't sell nugent or utaka yet, at least wait until january when you can bring in back-up

oh right I was unsure as what to do with free's, well I'll try demerit. yeah I was thinking about colbeck,lansbury and shelvey. A might give colback a go as ive never had him, cheers

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

no go for demerit got no money for new players tbh, so loans until January then ill reassess

where are you going to be updating us with what you've done? be interesting to read and see how things go.

i've just started a new portsmouth save on 11.3 as well because of you lol :P

been getting bored with my llm atm

Back