New contracts Hodgson and Hangeland

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
Roy Hodgson is hoping the news that he and Brede Hangeland have signed new contracts with Fulham will urge others to follow suit.

As first revealed by skysports.com last week defender Hangeland has been rewarded for his fine form by being offered a lucrative new deal.

The Norway international excelled in his first full season with the Cottagers last term resulting in reported interest from Arsenal.
The 28-year-old was expected to leave in the summer but with a move failing to materialise he has put pen-to-paper on a new contract.

With Hodgson also extending his stay at the club, and Fulham moving into the top half of the Premier League as a result of their 3-0 home win over Blackburn, it has been a good week at Craven Cottage.

"It's been sorted out and my information is that we will both sign very, very shortly," Hodgson said.

"I'm delighted. It's been one of the factors for me as well, we have spent two years working very hard putting a team together here and working with the group of players.

"If I'm going to stay I'm hoping some of these players stay as well and give us success."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5722571,00.html

Huge relief for a fan like me, Hodgson is arguably one of the best Managers Fulham have ever had and many fans will agree with me, it is rumoured that his contract runs until the 2011/2012 season which appears to be when a certain Fabio Capello contract expires, Hodgson will certainly keep a close eye on that one. Definitely two of most important people at the club, the other's being Mark Schwazer, Aaron Hughes and Danny Murphy.

good news, everything is looking good for them in the future.

Good manager.
He's got Clint Dempsey playing really good for the past 2 years who is seriously underrated.

/o\, QPR is a **** club, I just said they will be sad hearing that your manager will remain here.

oi, i wont have any of your QPR bashing round here. they are good, prem next year you watch

Ground sharing at Loftus Road were some of my worst stays of supporting Fulham, I despise QPR Scott but they are playing nice football at the moment

Yes, I guess big money always get something important, so we are close to see queens fighting for surviving in a world where Gooners are kings... :D

Back