New girl to the game - Help?!?!?

Reaction score
Hey guys, and the odd girl, my name is Dayna Kingshott and i LOVE football. I thought i would start and give Football manager a go to expand my knowledge of the game....Hopefully.
I was just wondering if there was anyone who could share their wisdom with me and help me to get to grips with the game. I am going to start with "Crawley Town" as they are the team i support (Due them being my home team, no hater?)
Please could you inform me on; how to set up the game efficiently, what to do from the start, tactics, formations, team bonding, training and anything else that is needed for Football manager :)
All help is greatly appreciated :)

Hi Danya,

Its best to have a browse through these sections for information on what to do when playing the game:

Football Manager 2013

The sections there cover Training/tactics, players, general discussion on the game and various other interesting (and many uninteresting) threads covering different aspects of the game. As a first try, I would just jump into the game, have a look around, get used to the interface and play a few games. Once you feel you're getting a bit more comfortable with the game then you can start looking at working on better tactics etc. I would also suggest doing the tutorials if it's your first game, as they are pretty handy at showing you where certain things are. The match graphics should be configured to your PC when you install it, although if you find the game is 'laggy' then just go into the preferences and lower them. I see you have already ventured into the tactics and training section, I am sure TheBetterHalf can help you out, she's one of the best tactical people around.

I can't really offer you any more advice, having not played FM13 in some time, but there is a plethora of members on this site that will be willing to help out, everyone has been in the same position you are at some point in their FM lifespan.

Enjoy the game, and hopefully the site too.

Back