SAFC1996

Reaction score
When you have a foreign job it is very hard to get a job in england is it to do with your reputation? Does it have to be at least continental?

Im having the same problem, not sure what the answer. i am manager of Dundee United, with the plight of Rangers i thought id have a good chance of getting second in the SPL,however ended up doing alot better.

Season 11/12 - SPL and League Cup Champions,
Season 12/13 - SPL, Cup & League Cup Champions (domestic treble) -
Season 13/14 - SPL, Cup & League Cup Champions (domestic treble), unbeaten in the league and lost to Juventus on away goals in the Champions League Semi final.

All in all a good record. Decided i wanted a new challenge, applied for the Barcelona, Valencia & Spurs job, didnt get any of them but i could understand that, so decided id happily take a smaller job. Applied for Stoke(PL) & Blackburn (CH) jobs, again i didnt get them...in frustration i applied for every job available...Swansea (L1), Huddersfield (L2) and Port Vale (BSP)....again was overlooked for them all...i eventually was offered a job with Gainsborough who are in the Blue Square Bet North

I know that Scottish football may not have the best reputation but surely 3 league titles and numerous cups should easily get me a decent championship team at least, rather than having to go to the 6th tier of english football...is this a bug or something like that?

Impressive record! I know, for me it seems to take winning a major league or continental competition to earn a good job in another country. Hopefully this will improve in fmh 2013

Even if you win major leagues and champions league i still seem to be getting overlooked, i won the Premier league with everton 3 years in a row and won the champions league two times in 3 seasons, yet no1 wanted me.