New laptop help please..

Ohmygoditsme

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to buy a laptop for my son, (he doesnt know this) simply to browse the internet and play the latest football manager.

I am clueless when it comes to buying laptops and I don't know what I'm looking at/for so any help would be appreciated if you could point me in the right direction that'll be great.

My budget is around £300.

Thanks in advance.

My current laptop is a lenovo, no issues with it. You can get a Lenovo G50 for the price

Screen: 15.6 inch (1366 x 768)
CPU: AMD Quad-Core A8-6410
GPU: AMD Radeon R5 graphics
Hard Drive: 500GB 5400RPM
RAM: 6GB
Input/Output: 1 x USB3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, Bluetooth 4.0, HDMI; DVD±RW/CD-RW drive

which one did you get?
I am looking for a first laptop for my daughter, would really appreciate some recommendations

Anyone? Would you say that the MacBook Pro would be a good device for a beginner web developer? I’m genuinely curious, as I’m considering making the switch. Of course, I’m learning everything very slowly and primarily relying on resources like corelangs https://www.corelangs.org/css/box/div/ to guide my understanding. I don’t have the advantage of attending college or taking formal courses, but I’m committed to building my skills at my own pace. Even so, I feel like I need a proper laptop that can handle various development tools and applications more efficiently. The MacBook Pro is known for its robust performance, excellent display, and long battery life, which could greatly enhance my learning experience. It would allow me to work on projects without worrying about lag or crashes. I’d love to hear your thoughts on whether the MacBook Pro is a worthwhile investment for someone just starting out in web development!

Last edited:
Back