FrickFilip

Reaction score
Hello good people.
How are you?

I need some guidance from you all (or help, that too).

I am trying to recreate my Sunday League in FM18 but it is bugging me the same error.

What I've done and want to do:

Create three league -Division 1, Division 2 and Division 3.

Division 1 - 12 Teams only (Bottom 3 get relegated).
Division 2 - I want to make it Division 2A and Divison 2B, with 10 Teams each, where bottom two get relegated from each subleague (A or B, meaning 4 relegated at the end of the season) and the top 2 of each Subdivion would participate in a playoff to determine each three would get promoted (meaning the fourth one would stay down bellow).
Division 3 - Just created to add 4 Teams to play against eachother and all of them get promoted to the Division 2, in exchange of the 4 Teams getting Relegated (from Division 2A (2) and from Division 2B (2)).
Add the FA Cup and SuperCup with ease.

I am doing this in Gibraltar Country, because of the few teams which will go to the European International Cups (Champions and Euro Leagues), so it shouldn't be a problem here.

I successfully created the teams (all of the 36 of them) and chose which division should each one go but I this error popping up when i do the test run in-editor:

View attachment 75074 *Note: Liga 2 E.Leclerc it's my Division 2.

So, I know that England has the Confedaration League, divided in North and South. I would like something like that but without the automatic promotios, menaing top two of each subdivision would participate in a cup. The winners of the Semi-Final would face off to determine the Champion of the Divison 2 and the losers of the semi-finals would square off to determine who is the third team to get promoted to Division 1.

Also, i dont know if it's possible but it would be very nice if the game itself each season picks up the 20 Teams and sorted them itself in each subdivision every season, does getting the real deal and making each season feel unique.
In Portugal, the thrid league is kinda getting this threatment (because they're 8 groups of ten teams each and every season one team can be in group A and the next season being in groupo F.

I will appreciate any help I can get.
Cheers and a good day to you all, fellow managers.
Filipe.

P.S.: If needed more info or screenshots, i will provide for them.

Last edited:
Well, did some tweaking and now I have a stupid message this time.

Now it says that i dont have a 2nd Division to where my 1st Division teams get relegated, but I have them created and added to the country rules. So, help?

If it helps, i uploaded the data base, so you can downloaded and help me.

If in need to reach me out of here, i'm on facebook, at www.facebook.com/filipemsg and I have whatsapp: +0351 960 496 666.

In the meanwhile, i'm going to try new ways but this is the goal.

Anyway, here is the l9ink of my data base: https://ufile.io/tsr1z

Thanks.

Filipe

The reason it says you have no 2nd division is that you've put it in the 'secondary divisions' branch. This is for leagues like Brazil where they have a set of state leagues which run independently to the national league.

You can have it work the way you want it to, here's how I did it:

Put the 2nd division in the 'divisions' branch under the 1st division.
Set it to a 'group' style league with 2 groups (this will randomize the entries like you asked for).
The playoff is possible too. Set the number of promotion places to 0, and arrange a promotion playoff for 4 teams with 3 being promoted to the higher league.

I've ran it for one season, seems to work well. 2nd division teams in the final of the cup (with some big wins against 1st division clubs) so it may need a few reputation tweaks.

View attachment 74861

Thank you very much for the help.

But I tried and i found something strange.

In the playoffs, the winning teams on the semifianl dont go to the final, they automatically get promoted and the final are between the two loosing teams.

Shouldn't be the final between the winning teams to decide who is the overall best team on Division 2?
And the losing ones would do a playoff to determine (3rd and 4th place) who is the lucky 3rd one to get promoted?

Right?

Another request, i entry it all in the playoffs as two legs each round round.
But i cant make it all the way two legs and the final only one.

Is that possible?

But overall, thank you very much for the help friend.

Best regards,

Filipe.