New man at the Mandela National Stadium

Reaction score

After 3 successful years at the helm, Bobby Williamson has resigned at Uganda. The reasons behind his resignation were that he wanted to continue to manage football league clubs in England again, and hope to go back to the vacant Plymouth job which saw him, get them promoted in 2004.

Speculation is rife as to who will take over next as the Ugandian national team coach. Club legend Hassan Mubiru is the bookies firm favourite to take the job as well as a few other names. These are the top 5 favourites including current Nigeria team coach Stephen Keshi .

Hassan Mubiru 2/5
Stephen Keshi 1/4
Tenshai Negatomi 1/12
Oloumini Durotim 1/18 George Agdgdgwngo 1/21

After weeks of interviews and reviewing the candidates CV's, the RUFC has decided they would like to call back 3 managers for futher questioning, and also would like to invite fans and the 3 managers to a fans forum, where the fans can ask questions, and can cast a vote to who they would like installed as their manager. The 3 man shortlist included George Agdgdgwngo, fans favourite Hassan Mubiru and Tenshai Negatomi. However, Tenshai Negatomi decided to withdraw his application after decideding to go and take control over Hong Kong national football team.

1st July 2011 Fans Forum with George Agdgdgwngo, 17:00 local time

President of the Federation of Uganda Football Association, Mr Lawrence Mulindwa opens to floor to questions and introduces the first candiate.

View attachment 249657

Lawrence - Thank you one and all for attending this open fans forum which is an exciting time, as we need to pick a new manager who can take the step foreward in making the country of Uganda a competing member of African football and hopefully begin to make an impression in world football. Firstly I would like to introduce to you the first man, George Agdgdgwngo.

George - Good afternoon madam and sir, I am George and hoping to be the man to take the club foreward.

Tom - When Bobby took control, he won his opening two games against Niger and Benin and in doing so secured a long term contract, have the RUFC offered you something similar?

George - Thanks Tom for your question, Yes they have said if I am succesful then they will offer me a 5 year contract, to make a real impact on the way Uganda play their football and hopefully unearth some gems from the youth set up.

Durotimi - Thats interesting, do you feel comfortable in winning your opening fixtures if given the chance?

George - Id say we would have a good attacking momentium in terms of winning. I will look to play open attractive football with goals hopefully.

Mohammed - With you having little experiance do you think it will be a gamble taking you on as manager?

George - No Mohammed, taking on any manager at international level is a gamble because you dont know how it will pay off. With my previous club back in England with Essex club Lewes, you can see that I played football the right way, scoring goals, winning games and conceding little.

Lawrence - Thank you George for that, you questions have been very convincing, we would know like to invite Hussan into the room for his questions.

View attachment 249658
Hussan - Thank you for attending I will now be taking your questions.

John - As a former player, do you think this is why your favourite for the job?

Hussan - No of course not, it will be judged on footballing management ability alone

Manny - How is your style of football and what do you bring to Uganda?

Hussan - I play defensive football and look to play counter attacking.

Monhandi - I dont like the sound of that defensive play, dont you worry about the opposition having so much of the ball?

Hussan - No of course not, as we will stick to our game plan, we will look to counter with pacey wingers and score.

Lawrence - And that concludes our fans forum here today, thank you for attending and we will announce the manager shortly.

One week later the RUFA have decided to call a press conference in regards to the new manager of the Ugandian National Football Team.

I Mr Lawrence Mulindwa would like to announce that the new manager of Uganda will be George Agdgdgwngo. In the forum he impressed us with his answers and showed real optimism and drive to succed as the manager. He will take over now with immediate effect.

Here is my story into leading the great Nation of Uganda into a dominant force into world football.

If you want to give me any tips or suggestions to improve please do, thanks

George
[TABLE="class: infobox vcard, width: 22"]
[TR]
[TH="align: left"][/TH]
[TD="align: left"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

The start of a new era

View attachment 249685

Today embarks George Agdgdgwngo's venture into international football management as he has agreed a 2 year contract, replacing the leaving Bobby Williamson.

View attachment 249693A very happy George agreeing the contract offered to him by President of RUFC Lawrence.

After walking into the Mandela National Stadium, stood before me was a group of dancers welcoming me as the new manager, and wishing me a long and succesfull reign as manager.As I sat down after my desk after the dancing, which was amazing, I was given the fixture list for the remaining year, and it showed that we had only 2 fixtures. One friendly, and one qualifiying match. I also sent for my scout to watch Ugandian players, play for they parent clubs, in order to gain a knowledge of their strenghts and weaknesses. So i got the best man on the case, someone who has a way of finding bargains, and can convince players of playing for thie country. That man is the one and only

View attachment 249692TERRY TIBBS :)

If this guy cant persuade players to play, and get a great backroom staff involved with me, then no one could. The first thing I had asked him to do, was the watch the under 20's play a friendly match against Zambia, to see if anyone in the under 20's had potential to play at higher level, now or in the future.

More update tonight or tomorrow evening due to work commitments, next update, under 20's, plus hopefully my first game as manager, plus announcemnet of other friendlies over the course of the rest of the year,

Much Love, goodnight

Back