New Managers Summer 2010

• Thread starter Thread starter Scott
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1K

Scott

Banned
Reaction score
I know this is a little early. But i want to know whether you want your club to get a new manager in the summer. and who do you think it will be.

PLEASE THIS IS NOT AN ARGUMENT THREAD. just a general point of interest. I promise i will not argue with Liverpool fans or anyone else.

This is how i see it

West Ham will get a new manager= Possibly Steve Maclaren, Avram Grant Phil Brown or Chris Houghton

liverpool- Rafa Goes to city or Juve. Liverpool Get Lippi Or Alex mcliesh.

Birmingham_-if Mcliesh Goes. Trys to prize Bernaud Strusters( former madrid)

Man city will sack Mancini= Possibly Mourinho Or Benitez to get that Job.

Hull= Ian Dowie to take over the full time Job. If not Dowie Megson or Southgate

Pompey to get a new manager- Some-one young who can be incharge for a long rebuilding process.- Some one like Paul Lambert, Nigel Pearson, Nigel Atkins or Possibly Paulo Sousa.

Celtic- Roy Keane, Paul Lambert or Gordan strachan back

Boro- Sack Strachan-> Employ Either Paul Lambert, Simon Grayson Or Ian Holloway

Any others people think or disagree with me

Last edited:
I think some of those are pretty good shouts! If Man City have a poor start to next season, Mancini is gone. I reckon Mark Hughes will go to West Ham. I think Avram Grant will stay with Pompey. Liverpool should get rid of Rafa, don't know who'll they will get in. Redknapp will stay at Spurs :)

Marcelo Lippi to liverpool. No way m8

agree with city and hull though

ancelotti will stay at chelsea, will get a **** load of money to spend and we will wint he prem and champions league next year! lol

West Ham will get a new manager= Possibly Steve Maclaren, Avram Grant Phil Brown or Chris Houghton Agree although hoping for McLaren return

liverpool- Rafa Goes to city or Juve. Liverpool Get Lippi Or Alex mcliesh. Disagree I think we will keep Rafa, I hope so anyway

Birmingham_-if Mcliesh Goes. Trys to prize Bernaud Strusters( former madrid) I can't see him going he's got a rich owner and is playing good football

Man city will sack Mancini= Possibly Mourinho Or Benitez to get that Job. They probably will sack Mancini, but Mourinho is waiting for the United job or possibly Liverpool, can;t see Benitez doing that to his club. My money would be on a foreign manager..

Hull= Ian Dowie to take over the full time Job. If not Dowie Megson or Southgate Hopefully Southgate will get it, Hull are pretty much down so possibly Phil Brown could return [Unless he's officially resigned IDK]

Pompey to get a new manager- Some-one young who can be incharge for a long rebuilding process.- Some one like Paul Lambert, Nigel Pearson, Nigel Atkins or Possibly Paulo Sousa. Paulo Saousa is a nice bet, would love to see him in the Premiership (I mean if he can bounce back with Pompey), not too keen on Pearson or Atkins, maybe Holloway?

Celtic- Roy Keane, Paul Lambert or Gordan strachan back Would love to see Hughes there, probably a long shot though, I don't think Strachan would go back, and Roy Keane has flopped at Ipswich, this could take some thought :P

Boro- Sack Strachan-> Employ Either Paul Lambert, Simon Grayson Or Ian Holloway I would imagine Leeds will be in the same league as Boro next year so no reason for Grayson to leave, same reason for Holloway. I personally think Strachan will stay, he's done nothing wrong.

Last edited:
i actually reckon if chelsea don't win the league, ancelotti's gone :/ despite him being a great manager...

i think rafa will leave just because he's fed up of all the ****, unless he knows he's gunna get big money to spend in the future. If we're gunna have a british manager then please let it be Roy Hodgson, he knows how to get the best out of players. However i'd like it to be mourinho ;)

mancini has a clause in his contract that says if city fail to finish fourth then they can sack him...

West Ham will get a new manager= Possibly Steve Maclaren, Avram Grant Phil Brown or Chris Houghton Agree although hoping for McLaren return. He is doing well in holland. An exile from england has done him the world of good.

liverpool- Rafa Goes to city or Juve. Liverpool Get Lippi Or Alex mcliesh. Disagree I think we will keep Rafa, I hope so anyway I dont think your sack rafa. i think he may leave, because of finicial restrictions.

Birmingham_-if Mcliesh Goes. Trys to prize Bernaud Strusters( former madrid) I can't see him going he's got a rich owner and is playing good football. this is only if he goes to liverpool.

Celtic- Roy Keane, Paul Lambert or Gordan strachan back Would love to see Hughes there, probably a long shot though, I don't think Strachan would go back, and Roy Keane has flopped at Ipswich, this could take some thought :P He is a former Celtic player. He is world renowed, a bit like other former big players. they seem to get chances out of no-where.

Boro- Sack Strachan-> Employ Either Paul Lambert, Simon Grayson Or Ian Holloway I would imagine Leeds will be in the same league as Boro next year so no reason for Grayson to leave, same reason for Holloway. I personally think Strachan will stay, he's done nothing wrong. i think Boro where 4th when southgate was sacked, now they are 9th. he is also not popular with the fans there.

Strachan will not get sacked. You obviously don't know much about the way our club is run if you think he would get sacked after 6 months in charge...he might leave (highly doubtful)...but won't get sacked.

As for Hull, if they go down I think we might well see Phil Brown get the manager job back.

na as a leeds fan i am worried we will mess up again and end up in the playoffs.. and our recored in them is not so good so i think grayson will leave if we do not go up

Strachan will not get sacked. You obviously don't know much about the way our club is run if you think he would get sacked after 6 months in charge...he might leave (highly doubtful)...but won't get sacked.

As for Hull, if they go down I think we might well see Phil Brown get the manager job back.

i know your not a sacking club. But surely he has been a fail so far. He has effectively cost you 40million. as you where on course for promotion before he took over. Thats got to be worth reviewing

Derek McInnes, Paulo Sousa, Tony Mowbray, Lee Clark, Simon Grayson, Paul Lambert, Sean O'Drisscoll.

I would love to have any of these as Burnley manager, sadly we don't have much of a record for sacking managers.

Thats another Point. what is everyones opinion on Mowbary. Now he has been sacked. i think it could be a long time before we see him in a hot seat of a decent club. Why would anyone touch him now.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Looks like i was wrong already. Who is the nest Villa manager then

Can see Terry Venables being brought back by West Ham. Don't know why, but I can see it happening. Not saying it would be a good move either. Got a lot of respect from Zola which he earned by the way he conducts himself (both when he was playing and now as a manager) but I can't see him staying there while the two new owners take the mick behind the scenes and destabilise the playing side as much as they have been doing. Almost looks like it's being deliberately done so that he'll walk.

Rafa won't leave Liverpool. The man's got a long-term vision. That's why he's stayed with us despite the shens going on behind the scenes. That's not to say that a new owner may not sack him, but I think the new contract he insisted on makes such an idea unlikely in the extreme.

City will keep Mancini if he comes fourth. If he doesn't, then you'd expect them to be making a punt for a 'big name' who may or may not improve things. Would Mourinho go? Hiddink might be available.

I honestly can't see Mclaren back. Not after this fiasco:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnoP4sUV90"]YouTube- Shteeve Mclaren[/ame]

Back