New Season - NEWI Cefn Druids

Paz.9

Reaction score
Well this is coming up to be my second season in charge of the Ancients.
I have made a few changes:
I have brought in only 3 players in the three weakest of our positions. Keith Brown has come into fil;l in John Leah role, Rhys Jones from fellow welsh premier team Carmarthen came on a free to fill in at left midfield as Hemmings is only 16. Also Dylan Hughes has come to try and be a striker that actually scores as the others didn't even beat ten in about 38 games.
I have released a oad of youngsters who simply aren't good enough and are taking up the wage budget. John Leah has been sold, Danny Holdcroft was released after the end of his conrtact and Elliot Carter was loaned out on a season long loan to Burton due to the arrival of Dylan Hughes.

Right so theres the signings, I have changed both the home and away tactics they are still attacking and defensive respectively though. Bobi Dimitrov will be a target man with Dylan Hughes working around him, so I am hoping this works.

Friendlies: We picked up a couple of injuries during pre-season but they should all be back for the new season. I just wanted to get a few wins under our belt in pre-season to improve the swuad morale and confidence.
These are the results:

Holywell 2 - 2 Newi Cefn Druids
NEWI Cefn Druids 1 - 2 Connahs Quay
NEWI Cefn Cruids 2 - 0 Swindon S
Mangotsfield 0 - 1 NEWI Cefn Druids
NEWI Cefn Druids 4 - 0 Ashford (Middx)

Not a bad Pre-season did manage to pick up a couple of wins in the end. PLayed well in the two we didn't though and the new team was trying to gel. I am confident and our first game is against new comers Ton Pentre away, will update after first month.

What league is this?

Welsh Premier League

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

First Month gone by and on the whole not too bad, although it did start off badly.

Welsh Premier League

Ton Pentre 2 - 0 NEWI Cefn Druids
A really bad defensive display and not much to boast about going forward either. 1 goal in each half for the home team to clinch 3 points.

Welsh Premier League Cup
Newtown 2 - 2 NEWI Cefn Druids
Not too bad aagin no good in defense but we did dominate the game and unlucky not to win. Our goals coming from Bobi Dimitrov and Dylan Hughes (first goal for club)

Welsh Premier League
NEWI Cefn Druids 2 - 2 Haverfordwest
Pretty much similar to the Newtown again, awful defending but we did dominate the match. The goals coming from hunt and Bobi Dimitrov.

Due to appauling defensive displays I felt like the back four needed tightening, so i brought in Danny Williams on a free tranfer.

Welsh Premier League
Llanelli 1 - 4 NEWI Cefn Druids
Absolutely fantastic result against media predicted
1st or 2nd Llanelli. We took the lead inside the first 15 minutes thanks to terrible defending leading to an own goal. 1-1 shortly after as we showed our defense wasn't that good either. A Dylan Hughes cross led to Rhys Jones bagging his first goal for the club and sent us in 2-1 up at the break. After the break we dominated. Midfield sensation John Hunt scored two, a penalty and a rocket free kick to round off the game. A marvellous victory :)

Welsh Premier League Cup
NEWI Cefn Druids 2 - 2 Caernarfon
Pretty even game to be fair. leaves us sitting top of the group stage but with one game more played. The goal coming from John Hunt and Bobi Dimitrov after a superb pass from John Hunt.

John Hunt is proving that he can play at a higher standard but, as he is happy here I want to keep him despite the fact that I could get a lot of money for him. I think the club needs him and in order to progress we need to keep hold of him. he has extended his contract untill 2015 though :)

A good month in all, four games unbeaten, only one win though, but what a win. Will update again soon :)

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:37 AM ----------

Only 4 matches played in this month

Welsh Premier League
NEWI Cefn Druids 2 - 2 Rhyl
I am happy with this result and I feel we deserved more, I also believe that my players are beginning to gel now. We took the lead after half an hour when Hughes whipped in a corner to the near post for Bobi Dimitrov to head in. Soon after half time we were pegged back after a great finish from one of the Rhyl forwards. 10 minutes later Dimitrov added a second with a cool finish into the bottom corner. However our defensive problems are still there and we conceded another just 8 minutes after taking the lead for the second time.

Welsh Premier League
Port Talbot 0 - 0 NEWI Cefn Druids
A really poor game with no real chances but on the chances that were created we probably should of won.

Welsh Premier League Cup
NEWI Cefn Druids 1 - 3 Newtown
After a strong start from my team Newtown managed 3 goals before half time which was really unfair and undeserved. The second half we came out fighting and grabbed a quick goal thanks to Bobi Dimitrov. However the come back was not to be.

Welsh Premier League
NEWI Cefn Druids 1 - 1 Caernarfon
An evenly matched game and probably a fair scoreline. We conceded after just ten minutes, but we have no keeper as both ours are injured so I wasn;t too unhappy at only conceding one goal. We pegged in back 5 minutes before half time thanks to Browns first goal for the club.