New Stadium....at last!

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am now in my 8th season on fm2012 with Everton. I've been trying to get a new stadium since The Old Lady reached it's capacity (50,000) in my second season.
I've always had a healthy bank balance (£92m end of the 7th season) but thought that because I had over £60m in loan debt they kept refusing my request for a new stadium. Even with a new board they kept refusing.
Well finally, without requesting and the fact Goodison has been a sell out for the past 3 years they have started building a new stadium. I was beginning to think it was just a myth. So for anyone else who has been wondering if it ever happens..it does!
View attachment 228550View attachment 228551View attachment 228552

i hope so ive had my planning finished for 2 seasons now for my newcastle and its still a 60,000 capacity how long does it for a staduim to be built?

it is taking 3 seasons. I've no idea if you get to name it. I hope you get to sell naming rights as I only get about 18 mil in sponsor money compared to spurs, man c & u and arsenal.

Does anyone know how much capacity a new stadium will give you? Is it relative to your old stadium or just random?

Does the amount of money you have depend on how big the stadium will be? Does it depend where your club is located?

mine is to go to 70,000 and my current is 50,000. my board kept refusing due to fan base.

Does anyone know how much capacity a new stadium will give you? Is it relative to your old stadium or just random?

Does the amount of money you have depend on how big the stadium will be? Does it depend where your club is located?

Without asking SI themselves I think you'll be lucky to answer those questions. I'll try my best:

Capacity depends on demand. If you're selling out your 40,000 stadium the chairman is hardly going to sanction a 41,000 stadium... You see what I mean? And, no, why would they just randomly choose a capacity for your stadium?

Well, generally the bigger a stadium the more it costs. That's a simple one. I don't know if the difference in labour costs in UK compared with Kazahkstan is something that SI have researched heavily and neither would it really matter.

this is just the start of planning phase as per your screenshots which means it might get rejected by the council of yur area like which happened to me !

I had a request accepted by the board, but a few months later, the club was taken over, will that cancel my accepted request?
Also how can you see if the plan to build a new stadium exists? Any Idea how long it takes from request being granted, I would assume it would depend on the size etc. I am Hartlepool in the Championship, and getting 94% average attendance.

check your boardroom if the request is being worked on or not .

just enterin 2017 with my everton team...got loads of money as i've bought low sold high...used my own youngsters(at least 4-5 in every match day squad)..was startin to think i wouldn't ever get a new stadium with everton but nice to see it actually happens :)

Well aren't you the cat that got the cream.

Just a few things I noticed from your screens....firstly, you have a striker called Alien XD and two; the Rodwell & Schweinsteiger regens...are they related to their namesakes?

Back