New Stadium?

Reaction score
I've been doing really well with a smaller club who obviously have a small stadium. I've won the Champions League and Serie A titles and have had my stadium upgraded to 6000 (from 4500).

I'd like to ask my board for a new stadium but the options are greyed out suggesting that the "board request is actioned" but it's been like that for at least 2 years (in the meantime the upgrade to 6000 has happened) and I see no signs that a new stadium is going to be built.

There's nothing on the facilities page about a new stadium, the only thing that's happening is an upgrade to my youth facilities.

So, does anyone know what's happening with my new stadium? Does it take time for anything to actually show up as happening?

I've got £100m in the bank so I'm hoping I've got plenty of funds to finance a new stadium should my board want to get it done at some point! It's frustrating not knowing what's happening.

Could be a bug, could also be that your stadium is not yet 20 years old. There's a 20-years rule for a new stadium. Your stadium needs to be at least 20 years old otherwise it'll not be done.

How do I find out how old my stadium is? I'm playing as San Marino in Italy and it's the original stadium and I'm playing in 2018.

Just look at the club summary. Should be somewhere there. You know, where you can check out the club legends.

if you're in 2018, surely your stadium has got to be nearly 20 years old? am i right? ^^)

Just look at the club summary. Should be somewhere there. You know, where you can check out the club legends.

I can only see the year the club was formed on that page? And nothing in the Facilities page where the rest of the stadium info is.

I have some experience with San Marino, I'm in a new 44,000 seats stadium as of 2023 but before that happened I had to buy the Olimpico and then expand it year after year until it reached 32,000 seats. Then I kept asking to build a new stadium and board always rejected, but at the end of 2021/22 season they informed me we would move to the new Arena in June 2023.

Looks like you've your answer. It could be that you lent the stadium and thus it isn't yours. So you need to build your own stadium, but as long as the board thinks you're not rich enough they'll just reject.

I wouldn't know any other solutions, never played with SM.

I have some experience with San Marino, I'm in a new 44,000 seats stadium as of 2023 but before that happened I had to buy the Olimpico and then expand it year after year until it reached 32,000 seats. Then I kept asking to build a new stadium and board always rejected, but at the end of 2021/22 season they informed me we would move to the new Arena in June 2023.

Thanks very much for that (your post inspired me to start this challenge by the way, so thank you for that!)

Is this the way it works for everyone, do you know?

Thanks very much for that (your post inspired me to start this challenge by the way, so thank you for that!)

Is this the way it works for everyone, do you know?

not sure, though it's reasonable to think you have to max out the Olimpico before building a new stadium. Good luck!

Could be possible you don't have the room to do so. Could be the population of your town as well. Can be checked in editor.

When I look on the Boardroom options for the Stadium all of the options are greyed out even the one for buying the current stadium.

When I hover over it it says "Clubs cannot buy privately owned stadiums in this country"

When I look on the Boardroom options for the Stadium all of the options are greyed out even the one for buying the current stadium.

When I hover over it it says "Clubs cannot buy privately owned stadiums in this country"
On the latest patch no stadiums in the Italian league can be bought which you didn't own at the start of the game because they are owned by the council.

On the latest patch no stadiums in the Italian league can be bought which you didn't own at the start of the game because they are owned by the council.

Oh right! Brilliant. So I'm pretty much stuck with this stadium until the board eventually decides to grant me a new one? (which I can't ask for)

They're upgrading the stadium by another 1500 seats again, that will take me up to a capacity of 7500...

So, if i have a stadium with 64,000 seats with just 5,000 to upgrade it and the stadium was built in 2003/04, i will just have anew stadium in 2023/24!!?? Even with 94 % of it fulled?

If I may, just a quick question concerning new stadiums. I'm currently still playing FM 2011, but I'm planning to buy FM 2012. One thing that bugs me in 2011 is that all new stadiums have black seats in the 3D match. Do new stadiums in FM 2012 still have black seats, or do they maintain the club colours? Cheers!

If I may, just a quick question concerning new stadiums. I'm currently still playing FM 2011, but I'm planning to buy FM 2012. One thing that bugs me in 2011 is that all new stadiums have black seats in the 3D match. Do new stadiums in FM 2012 still have black seats, or do they maintain the club colours? Cheers!

I'm with Mansfield (Yellow and Blue) and all the seats are black :(

Could be possible you don't have the room to do so. Could be the population of your town as well. Can be checked in editor.

I'm in 2016 with Arsenal, and since I started my career I tried to expand my stadium, but with no luck. The option to expand is always greyed out, so I was wondering... How do I find out if there isn't space enough to expand or the population of the city is too big? (With the editor)

I'm in October 2018 now, I got my 7500 upgrade and went to check the Interact With Board Stadium section and to my surprise I could ask for the board to Build New Stadium - so I did, and they accepted! So for the 2020/21 season I'll have a 25,000-ish capacity stadium named after myself! Delighted with that. This will be the first time I will have had a stadium named after me too.

Once I get it I will report back what colour the seats are.

Back