New Stream Save - Maldinis Milan

• Thread starter Thread starter VikingDan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 950

VikingDan

Reaction score
Its been a while since Milan sat atop the league in Italy.

Once a dominant side, both domestically, and in European competition. AC are now resigned to battling over the upper mid table places in Italy's Serie A.

They have gone for one of their own, a player who spend half of his life playing for, captaining, and leading the Rossoneri to huge achievement.

Paolo Cesare Maldini has just been named the Manager of his beloved hometown club, and he has his sights set on returning them to the top of the food chain.

C5NfWNjWAAE2TU2.jpg:large

Come join me on stream from 7pm weekday evenings, to see how the challenge unfolds!

twitch.tv/VikingDan

So, we're almost up until Christmas in the save, and its going VERY well.

The tactic i have gone for is aiming to me reminiscent of the late 90's/early 00's 'Christmas Tree' formation. We have a lof of the right players already at the club, and really wanted to bring back the flair of the old AC Milan.

View attachment 103722 View attachment 103718

Attacking in intent, the forward players press up high, with the defence staying solid at the back. Good freedom and support up front from the midfield, with Montolivo playing the 'Pirlo Role', not ideal, but doing a decent job.

I didnt do a huge amount of transfer business, but will admit that i let Luiz Adriano go for too little, he's right behind bacca in the scoring stakes. The reason was the wage budget was very inflated and i couldnt justify having 2 strikers on £90k+ p/w. I did try to bring in Belotti as cover, and the future number 1, but he went to PSG for less money... go figure!

View attachment 103721

With a league record of 14-3-1, our only defeat coming to a brilliant free kick from a Genoa side that defended in huge numbers, we found them difficult to break down. A similar story with Torino in a 0-0 draw.

View attachment 103720

Consistency is something we are looking to find, always looking solid in defence, but we fluctuate from being incisive and clinical in front of goal, to being impotent. More work is needed, or perhaps just slightly more suitable personnel.

View attachment 103719

All in all, loving the save, and hopefully we can complete out aim of champions league football next year, and winning the Serie A, and Champions league titles within 5 years.

If you'd like to see how the save progresses, you can see this on twitch.tv/VikingDan, Weekdays from 7pmGMT.

If you have any questions, Fire away!

Thanks for stopping by,
VKD

Back