New Test Tactic

• Thread starter Thread starter callamity
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

callamity

Reaction score
Hey guys, After struggling and sitting 15th in the EPL first season with Newcastle trying out a 442 formation, My team were struggling for possession, not creating many chances and leaking an average of 2.37 goals per game. We needed a change. I wanted my team to boss games, control possession while being physically imposing yet technically gifted, a fair blend of the two.

The goal is simple beat the teams we should, and grind against the bigger teams.

The formation,
An old favourate of mine, something I fall back into in every FM since the change over from CM to FM05 every year I go for a 4321. As you can see in the images below, I have opted for a very fluid style, which means all players are expected to contribute to all stages of play. The control strategy Allows us to be attacking whilst wary of the opposition countering.

View attachment 297020 View attachment 297021

Player instructions I have changed to tidy up parts of play which cause wild shots and poorly placed longer passes in and around the area, along with tightening up defensively.

View attachment 297025View attachment 297026View attachment 297027View attachment 297028

The results so far

View attachment 297033View attachment 297034View attachment 297035View attachment 297036

In these games against 4 of the top teams in the division, we were not the best team in any of the games, yet we came out on top through excellent displays devensively and decisive attacking play.

current league table and fixtures so far
View attachment 297037View attachment 297038

End of first Season:
View attachment 297158View attachment 297159

As you can see here the season finished really strong, scoring the most goals in the league after facing relegation in November we went on to compete in the league, loosing out on the title by 6 points that were dropped away from home against Man City and Tottenham. Papiss Cissé scored 24 goals in 27 league appearances and the wide men had an amazing season coming 2nd and 3rd in the top ratings, and 1st and second in most assists.

Having started using this test tactic in the Chelsea game we won 5-1 we have not been defeated in the league dropping only 2 points to liverpool who were should have destroyed, but hey you cant win them all right.

Players for positions, check the roles and look for the recommended stats, these benefit the role most of all. Big physical players always perform better in my opinion it seems as though the ME favours them, other stats are a bonus. in CM these guys are all round players, might be a surprise but my preferred player in here is Pedro from Sampdoria. Guys built like him will do well in here.

Shouts are for girls: ARE YOU PLAYING THAT **** GAME AGAIN????
in other words I don't use them, if you choose to feel free to let us know how it goes.

I do not use opposition instructions either.

Team talks I hire a good Assistant manager with high motivation and assign these to him.

Training: General - Team Cohesion Average Match Perp: Tactics only Max

Do this until the tactic is Fluid in all area's then switch to your preference. I use defensive positioning to reduce conceded goals.

This Tactic is still in testing and is yet to be named therefor has the temporary name of new test.

If you go on to test this please provide feedback as to how you got on along with constructive criticism on ways to improve, posting "doesnt work i lost 5 games in a row" without giving details such as training + tactics screen is likely to result in non response.

Last edited:
why does it look so freaking similar to new jp's ?

aww, **** I didn't notice how similar this was to his.

What do I do about that?

Not much to do

I have pm'd JP, just to let him know that it wasn't a rip off and have left the ball in his court so to speak.

On a positive note I finished the season in second place, only loosing away to Man City and Spurs

Following on from the 2nd place after a really bad start in the first season with newcastle before using this tactic, I have gone onto win the league season two, I lost to Barcelona in the CL knock out stage :(

here is the league and transfers I made

View attachment 297789

1st season transfers, into the first team went wellington nem left wing and giannis mariatis. Schneiderlan improved and eventually pipped cheick tiote to his spot in the starting eleven by the end of the year.
View attachment 297790

Season two transfers at the beginning of the season i only brought in some players for my youth team squad that were highly recommended by the scouts. in January Neymar became available on the transfer list for 27M, bargain in my eyes considering he finished top scorer in the league playing just 18 games, I also signed sime vrsaljko as I felt maniatis wasnt good enough.

View attachment 297791

and believe it or not the league was won with the wonderkid Remi Streete chipping in 28 starts in what I'd call the worsed defense in the league lol

View attachment 297794

Back