New Winger for My Spurs Team

• Thread starter Thread starter Dickybran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1K

Dickybran

Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new right winger/inside forward. I currently have Lennon but he hasn't been doing well for me recently. I'm hoping to play Bale on the left, with Krancjar and Van der Vaart in the middle. I'm just finishing my current season so still don't know how much I will have to spend, but I've just been given £16m for winning the league so I reckon I will have a fair amount to spend, I might even sell Modric as well if I need extra cash as he's not been playing too well for me either.

Up front I have a choice of Balotelli, Defoe and Steven Fletcher. Can you recommend a good right winger/inside forward to fit into my team?

Do not sell Modric :)

Giannis Fetfatzidis - Olympiakos
Stefano Guberti - Sampdoria
Nicolas Gaitan - Benfica
Harry Novillo - Lyon
Sebastian Blanco - Lanus
Sekou Oliseh - CSKA
Marvin Martin - Fc Sochaux-Montbe'
Osvaldo Martinez - Monterrey
Juan Cuevas - Toluca (Mexico)
Jorge Valdivia - Palmeiras
Wanderson Costa Viana - Olympiakos

then Jesus Navas - Sevilla
Gervinho - Lille
Santiago Cazorla - Villareal
Arda Turan - Galatasary
Ibrahim Afellay - PSV
Pablo Hernandez - Valencia
Pablo Piatti - Almeria
Jefferson Farfan - Schalke
Aiden Mcgeady - Spartak Moscow
Yohan Mollo - Monaco
Marko Marin - Werder Bremen
Renato Augusto - Leverkeusen
Georgino Wijnaldum - Feyenoord
Vladimir Bystrov - Zenit
Giuliano - Internacional
Diego Perrotti - Sevilla
Lewis Holtby - Schalke
Thiago Neves - Al Hilal
Sotoris Ninis - Panathanaikos
Matias Fernandez - Sporting
Mbark Bousouffa - Anderlecht
Karim Ait Fana - Montpellier
Ryad Boudebouz - Sochaux Montbe

I'm just about to start my 5th season with Spurs and Modric has usually done well for me, but last season he was very disappointing. To be honest I'd like to give him another chance and hope he has a better season, but I've got Bale, Krancjar and Van der Vaart to choose from, so I don't think I'll miss him too much if I do sell him. Ideally I'll get him and Lennon playing better then I don't really need to buy anyone.

Van der Vaart tends to struggle as a winger/inside forward. I am also spurs, and sold Modric to Real Madrid for silly money (I can't remember exactly how much now, but it was too good to turn down!) I signed Pastore to replace him, and even though he isn't ready made for the role, he still kicked ***. Now he's been completely retrained to the position, he's the best player in the world. He's just beaten Messi to all the top awards. He scores, assists, and generally tears teams apart. He really is a must have!

Yeah I've heard about this Pastore chap, the only thing is I'm into my 5th season so he will probably be either too expensive or too old.

I would highly recommend Arda Turan as mentioned by Raikan 007 (#3). He can play on both wings and is a really consistent player.
To be honest though if i was you i would be keeping faith with Lennon and definitley NOT selling Modric.

I have pastore but have sold kranjcar and kept modric as I play him and hes mint for me

I must be doing something wrong with Lennon. Like I said I have had some good seasons out of him. I don't think I've changed his settings since then. I have him as winger (support), cut inside. When he wasn't playing well I tried changing him to attack or hug touchline but he didn't improve.

I was having the same problem with Modric. I've always had him on Advanced Playmaker (support), but he's not had a great season. I reduced his creativity and made him pass very short, he improved a bit but still very average.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

It's funny how everyone rates Modric more than Krancjar, Krancjar for me has been my best player over the last 4 seasons. I must be doing something right with Krancjar, it's a shame I can't do the same with Modric.

I must be doing something wrong with Lennon. Like I said I have had some good seasons out of him. I don't think I've changed his settings since then. I have him as winger (support), cut inside. When he wasn't playing well I tried changing him to attack or hug touchline but he didn't improve.

I was having the same problem with Modric. I've always had him on Advanced Playmaker (support), but he's not had a great season. I reduced his creativity and made him pass very short, he improved a bit but still very average.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

It's funny how everyone rates Modric more than Krancjar, Krancjar for me has been my best player over the last 4 seasons. I must be doing something right with Krancjar, it's a shame I can't do the same with Modric.

Both Kranjčar and Modrić are great it just seems that Kranjčar is underrated, sadly.

I was just thinking, I remember reading that FM11 has some kind of glitch when it comes to crossing, is this right? I certainly think so. Do the wingers you've recommended get a lot of assists from crosses?

I tried signing Pastore, they wanted £63m. I got Douglas Costa instead. I've just been offered the England job! ; )

Back