Newb question about mods and an ebay listing.

• Thread starter Thread starter ninth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2K

ninth

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought FM13 tonight, it's my first purchase of the franchise ever, and so I'm completely green to all the mods and customizations that surround it; I've been getting confused finding out exactly what mods there are out there. After some research, I'm aware that there are:

-Kits
-Face Packs
-Stadiums
-Data updates i.e real names of players and competitions
-Skins
(Etc)

However, this listing on ebay caught my attention: FM 2013 Faces / logos update and more Football Manager 2013 Mod Easy Install | eBay.

Are they all his/her custom mods? Or are they a compilation of other mods that are free to download? For £5.99 it looks like a pretty decent deal to me, and I really like the neat look to his/her game, plus it's updated correctly. Just wanted some insight from some experienced players, would it be fair trade for me to purchase his mods+updates or are they easily found elsewhere online... if so where lol (As in the ones he's using specifically if you can identify them)? Thanks for any help in advance!

Don't pay for it imo. There's a high chance it's other peoples work put onto a disc. You can easily download them for free from various FM sites (like here) without paying. If I were you it's best to be safe than sorry. Keep your pennies

Don't pay for a facepack. Every FM fansite is signed up to the SI affiliate scheme, meaning all of our content will always be freely available to anyone in the community, these scammers on ebay just scrape this content and put it on a disc. With some very basic instruction, even a newbie to the series can get and install all this content for free.

Thank you, I appreciate your quick responses. I won't go ahead with it then, but can anybody recognise the mods he's used from anywhere? I can't seem to find them on this site? View attachment 283966

It's weird my game is layed out like on this pic: View attachment 283970(without the skin)
But I'm trying to find out how to get it to look like this pic:View attachment 283971

I think the issue I'm having is with layout at the moment rather than skin, I really like the facepack used, the shirt at the bottom left, the rating colourations. Is there some sort of option I'm missing on the vanilla?

No, it's purely a question of skin. But I don't use custom skins so I can't recognize it.

Thanks for your help tonight, mersk. You've helped me pinpoint the skin, it's only the layout that I can't put my finger on as of yet. I'll log on tomorrow and see if I get my head around it lol!

It's weird my game is layed out like on this pic: *snip*(without the skin)
But I'm trying to find out how to get it to look like this pic:*snip*

I think the issue I'm having is with layout at the moment rather than skin, I really like the facepack used, the shirt at the bottom left, the rating colourations. Is there some sort of option I'm missing on the vanilla?

I'd bet heavily it's the same skin iin career and classic mode.

Back