Newb question - end of season loosing streak

ArsenalGord

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the game. First season was played with a bit of research, but not extenisve. Played Crewe Alex, got rid of about 1/2 the roster at start of season and brought in a better Assistant Coach. Pre-season training was based on tactics (3 out of the box, no customization) and generic conditioning. Start of season players were switched to the generic GK, DEF, MF and FWD schedules set to medium one notch below high. There was some squad rotation mostly based on injuries and attempts to give a bit of PT to some of the prospects. The season started well, and after 30 games was sitting 8th and flirting with promotion playoff spot. I also made it to the semi's of Paint, and won the my first round of League and FA cups before bowing out. Then it all went south...I lost the last 10 games of the schedule. I avoided relegation in 21st with 51 points but was rightly fired for the way I closed out the season. I did suffer injuries to my best Striker and Central Defender, but the biggest problem was that I seemed to lose the dressing room. Morale plumetted (losing will do that) but there did not seem to be any tipping point (no bad pep talk for example) and the injuries, while problematic, are apart of the game and not that bad given the replacements I had on hand. Any ideas of where it might have gone wrong? I am afraid I didn't think to take any screen shots. I have started a new game, more research (tactics and training schedules are customized to role) and sit 12-1-2 and top of the table by 5 points. I got rid of the scout and improved the coach, but kept the assistant and most of the roster (strengthened by loans and free transfers) and loaned a few propects to Blue Square and afflitiate feeder team. I am worried however, that not knowing how the season end collapse occured will see the same repeated. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Just stay true to your tactics. Don't change them, if they are working now, and you do go through a slump then they will pull you out of the slump. And when you get to that important stretch, it's important not to rotate too much, only if absolutely necessary.

I agree with FMGod, stick to them, if anything alter them slightly, eg. Have a player run with ball more or, increase he mentality (Attack or Defence).

Making alot of squad alterations can affect your team and they often go in and out of slumps, even more so rather their first defeat, they will need to gel and work as a team to correct it... don't be too drastic when you change and be patient with the squad.

Back