Newbie needing helping, I think I am the Villas Boas!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter EdH1977
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2K

EdH1977

Reaction score
Hi,

New to FM, used to play Champ Manager years ago but then changed to Fifa Manager... anyway, really struggling.

My tactic is:

4-3-3, with the main team orders being to stand off, aggressive tackling, shorter passing (also tried direct), stick to position. I delegate training, team talks and orders to the assistant manager, I am playing as Red Star in Serbia, so have pretty much the best / second best team in the league.

The positons are:

Keeper - Defend
Full backs - Automatic
Centre Backs - CD on Defend
Midfielders - MC = Defend, MCL = support and MCR = support
Strikers - FC = Poacher, RCF = Deep lying on support, also the same for the RCL

Basically I want to condense the space, not get caught out of position, I play through the middle as I dont have much width! But the opposition seem to get a load of shots at goal and I am not sure when to change my strategy, I prefer counter attacking football. Do I create a tactic for each strategy or just change it on the one tactic and how can I stop the opposition from getting so many shots!!!

Please help, otherwise Di Matteo will be getting my job next ;o(

EdH1977

Hi,

New to FM, used to play Champ Manager years ago but then changed to Fifa Manager... anyway, really struggling.

My tactic is:

4-3-3, with the main team orders being to stand off, aggressive tackling, shorter passing (also tried direct), stick to position. I delegate training, team talks and orders to the assistant manager, I am playing as Red Star in Serbia, so have pretty much the best / second best team in the league.

The positons are:

Keeper - Defend
Full backs - Automatic
Centre Backs - CD on Defend
Midfielders - MC = Defend, MCL = support and MCR = support
Strikers - FC = Poacher, RCF = Deep lying on support, also the same for the RCL

Basically I want to condense the space, not get caught out of position, I play through the middle as I dont have much width! But the opposition seem to get a load of shots at goal and I am not sure when to change my strategy, I prefer counter attacking football. Do I create a tactic for each strategy or just change it on the one tactic and how can I stop the opposition from getting so many shots!!!

Please help, otherwise Di Matteo will be getting my job next ;o(

EdH1977

Without knowing what strategy you use, i t looks like you are not actually playing to "condense the space", but instead providing the opponent with lots of space out wide without putting pressure on them ( the stand off). Here, its really easy for a team playing a possession base approach to use triangels and drag your players out of position when they try to cut angels.

I would start with using some more width and try to put pressure on the opponent instead up just sitting back and take it from there. Perhaps you could post a screen of your team settings( and any playersettings that have been tweaked)

Cheers

Thx, I have changed my formation to 4-4-1-1 and has changed to pressing more and look to condense the space. Just couple of quick question. Should I play zonal marking or man to man and how does the strategy thing work. Should I stick to one strategy and build my formation around that or change to match the opposition I am playing?

EdH1977

counter attacking football wont work well if your chelsea, it rarely works well on the game. Its all about the law of averages, more shots you have more you score on this game! I always play attacking no matter who i am and never ever got the sack

OK, so do you never change your strategy, you just stick to attacking all of the time?

Counter works brilliant, one just have to know how to set it up and what shouts to use and under what circumstances

OK, I think I have the formation and tactics correct, but my issue is I dont know when to change teh strategy. Should I stick to one strategy or change as the game goes on... and should I have a backup tactics?

Back