CeloPelo

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm quite new to Football Manager (used to play the EA version) so I need a little help with creating my own tactic instead of getting one of the great ones which are posted here in another section.

So, this is my plan: I want to overload one side of the pitch, in my example the left side. So I'm starting with 2 normal CB's and a complete Wing Back with attack duty on the left side. In order to overload the left side, I was thinking about a wide playmaker with attack duty, and on top of that an inside forward with attack duty.

Option A would be the inside forward having a successful dribble and then either crossing the ball or looking for his own shot.

Option B would be shifting the ball quickly to the other side, either via a long ball from the wide playmaker on the left side, or via short passes through the middle of the pitch.

So I was thinking about a defensive midfielder, but I'm not sure about the role (Regista? Deep-Lying-Playmaker?)

The central midfield should be complemented by a player who can help shifting the sides, but also going forward in order to score some goals. Which position + role would you recommend?

On the right side, there should be obviously a winger with attack duty, who's benefitting of the quick side shifting.

Not sure about the right wingback. I was thinking of either an inverted full back in order to have a further pass station for the sideshift, or should I just use the same approach as on the left side?

Last but not least the striker. What would be more effective (without regard of the players I have): A false 9 who's helping the process, or another role which is just converting the crosses/passes?

About team instructions: Obviously I'd be using the whole width of the pitch, and I'd be exploiting the left side of the pitch. I'm also looking to overlap. But further more, I got quite a lot questions. Should I play with passes into space? What passing length is recommend for this style of play? Creative Freedom yes or no? Retaining possession wise? Freedom of movement yes or no? Work ball into box? Dribbling? Playing out of defence? What kind of tempo?

Speaking about defence: What kind of defensive line would be recommended? And should I close down?

And to come to the end: What mentality would be the wisest to use? And what team shape?

That's it, quite a lot I guess haha. Sorry for that, but help would be very appreciated!

I'm quite new to Football Manager (used to play the EA version) so I need a little help with creating my own tactic instead of getting one of the great ones which are posted here in another section.
All/Most of your questions will depend on you and how you want to play. There's no 'best' way of doing things.

One important thing to remember is that the formation you choose will be your defensive shape, so choosing 3 players on one wing will be very risky as you'll be short of numbers somewhere else.