Where to send youngsters on loan?

dj161

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm playing as Barcelona and I have a young english striker, I'm looking to loan him out and have recieved two offers, one from Celtic and one from Inverness

Inverness would likely play him each and every week, but they're training facilities are only average

where as Celtic want him as cover and likely wont play him every week but have excellent training facilities

so which one should I send him too, the one with more games or the one with better facilites?

IMO, i'd go for Inverness, even though Celtic have the better facilities, more first team games will benefit the youngster's growth and will mature faster. If you have him on Celtic..he might not even start a game, probably just be on the bench/subs and play hardly any games..that will just be a waste of a talent if he was good.

Thats what I thought too, it's just i've read that training facilities play a big part in this years game, just dont want to negate his first team exposure with a lack of decent training, but I think i'll go with Inverness as surely first team football will be more beneficial in the long run

cheers

Yeah go for Iverness playing and okay training is better for developing a player rather than great training and not playing

Did anybody here ever see a youth player benefit from a loan at all ? I have sent young players with 1/4 stars or so to other teams a couple of times now, and they played almost every match for them, but when they come back they are still 1/4 stars. Anything I'm missing there ?

Same goes for youth players I regularly play in my own first team. Only once I managed to get a 17 y.o. spain guy from 2* CA rating to 4* CA rating within 2 seasons. All the other times they just stayed at 0,5 or 1 star even though they played 20+ league games in 1st team. I begin to think the player development thing is flawed somehow in this game...