NewCastle 3rd Season Fresh Blood

• Thread starter Thread starter Sweeedz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 979

Sweeedz

Reaction score
On my third season with Newcastle, came 4th first season. Second I won the Prem and the FA-Cup.
I conceded alot so I bought Nicolas Otamendi from Porto for 7.5 mil.
This is my currant team (I dont know how to post screen shots so if any one could tell me it would be great):
-----------------------Cisse--------------------------
----Greizmann--------Ben Arfa---------Belhanda-------
-----------Tiote-------------Cabaye------------------
--Fabio-----Otamendi---------Alderweireld--Santon----
------------------------Krul--------------------------
Obertan, Coloccini, De Jong, Bertolacci is my most noticable subs.
I probebly want to replace and sell Cisse and keep De Jong as my Super Sub, was looking at Leandro Dimao, but it would cost a big chunk of the Budget. In which case I want a Striker who can easily score 25+ goals in the league a season. Ben Arfa isnt was he used to be too, was looking at Jovetic but probebly cost 30 mil+.
Need a good box to box mid as tiote and Cabaye isnt cutting it, should be young as I dont want to pay too much as Tiote-Cabaye isnt too bad.
Probebly want to sell and replace Santon but isnt too important.
I want to be able to atleast come to the quarter finals in CL and want to have chance to challenge all teams exept the Barcas, Reals and Bayerns.
The Budget is 30 mil but could sell a few players.
Thanks for the help guys :)

Last edited:
Santon turns into a good player, but if u want another right back i'd go for Romario, he's cheap, young and bags of potential. Up top look no further than Carlos Fierro, the man turns into a god! Sigurdsson (guy on loan at Swansea) is a great centre mid. I'd get a few regens on board also, can never have enough wonderkids

If you want a box-to-boxer, take a look at Javi Martinez, though he probably will swallow up much of that £30mil budget. Another shout would be Kwandwo Asamoah. He's another great all round midfielder that would do a job as a box-to-box midfielder.

Up top, take a look at Podolski. Just bought him in my current save for £18mil, and he is an absolute beast, scoring practically when he wants. Has 6 goals in 2 games. One of the few affordable strikers who combines great finishing with great composure and pace to burn. He is an absolute must buy in the game. And you don't have to worry about your team not having a high enough reputation, as he comes from a team that regularly finishes mid-table. At £18mil he is a downright steal, and at 26 he will give you service for seasons to come.

For AMC, look at Willian. He will destroy defenses with his ridiculous pace and spot on dribbling. If Chelsea have already snapped him up, look at Nico Gaitan (I believe he can AMC...). Bought him for MY Newcastle save, though I utilized him as a winger, and he racked up assists like his career depended on it. His stats are fantastic and, at 24 years of age, he is a great investment for £18mil. And if he is not natural yet in the AMC role, train him! Lastly, one more player to look at in this position is Walter Montillo. He won't be the cheapest, but he is a natural playmaking AMC who will set up your striker time and time again, as well as bang in a few on occasion.

Both Willian, Gaitan and Douglas Costa was bought. But Ill look into Podolski and Montillo

Back