NEWCASTLE - A NEW DAWN

NewcastleBoss

Reaction score
images

MACGREGOR UNVEILED AS TOON MANAGER

Newcastle have today appointed 34 year old Ewan MacGregor to replace sacked manager Alan Pardew. The decision is likely to be met with unrest among Toon faithful as Mike Ashley would appear to have gambled upon a relatively unknown manager.

I am delighted to have the chance to come to a club like Newcastle. The owner outlined his vision for the future and has entrusted me to be the man to lead this proud club forward. I understand the scepticism among the fans, but all I ask is let me be my own man, make my own decisions and lead this club forward into a new era. Big changes will have to be made, this squad just is not good enough, and we need to now build for the future.

images

CLEAR-OUT BEGINS

images

Newcastle manager Ewan MacGregor has wasted no time in reshaping the first team squad at St James' park, with striker Shola Ameobi joining Southampton in a £2.5M deal.

images

BARCELONA DEFENDER JOINS MAGPIES

images

Newcastle have today completed the year long loan signing of highly rated defender Marc Muniesa from Barcelona. The left sided defender is highly regarded at the Nou Camp but it is felt a loan move and guaranteed first team football every week would benefit the possible star of the future.

RAFAEL TOLOI SIGNS £9M DEAL AT NEWCASTLE

Z

In another shock move, Ewan MacGregor has completed the £9M signing of Brazilian centre back Rafael Toloi from Goias. The 20 year old, capped 20 times for Brazil's youth squad, had been tracked by a host of top European sides but has pledged his immediate future to Newcastle.

TOON SIGN GRANT HANLEY

images

Newcastle manager Ewan MacGregor is today said to be delighted after securing the services of 19 year old defender Grant Hanley on a season long loan from Blackburn. The Scottish International seems set to partner Brazilian Rafael Toloi and Spaniard Marc Muniesa in a new youthful line-up at St James Park and fans are said to be eager to see the new squad in action.

COLOCCINI SOLD TO MAN CITY FOR £8.5M AS APPIAH SIGNS FOR TOON

Newcastle fans have today blasted manager Ewan MacGregor for sanctioning the sale of club favourite Fabricio Coloccini to Manchester City whilst bringing in defender Dennis Appiah from Monaco. Coloccini was said to be far from happy at Newcastle following the sacking of Alan Pardew and is said to be delighted to have the chance to play for a club participating in Europe this season.

However, many fans seem delighted that the club have managed to secure talented right back Dennis Appiah from Monaco in a £5m deal. It now seems certain that MacGregor will shape up in a flat back 4.

MUNIESA HANLEY TOLOI APPIAH

images

BEST AND SIMPSON LEAVE CLUB

Newcastle have today confirmed that striker Leon Best and defender Danny Simpson have both been sold as manager Ewan MacGregor begins his overhaul of the squad. they both leave for a combined fee of £5M and sign for Southampton and Reading.

STEVEN TAYLOR SIGNS FOR EVERTON

Steven Taylor has today also left Newcastle after agreeing a £2.5M deal with Premier League rivals Everton. Taylor was said to be among a crop of players angry at the appointment of MacGregor as manager and he had submitted a formal transfer request just days earlier.

images

MARCO'S A MAGPIE

Z

The revolution at Newcastle continues as Newcastle have completed the £3.6M signing of teenage midfielder Marco Verratti. the wonderkid, signed from Pescara seems likely to feature in the first team sooner rather than later.

images

BARCELONA WINGER JOINS MAGPIES

images
Gerard Deulofeu today joins Newcastle on a season long loan from Spanish giants Barcelona. The 17 year old winger, valued at £3.8M is a product of the famous La Masia academy and is considered a star of the future. He joins team-mate Marc Muniesa who has also signed from Barcelona.

We have a young squad here at Newcastle and I feel that will help me develop my game. Having Marc (Muniesa) here too is good and hopefully I can show the Newcastle fans what I can do.

images

LUCAS DIGNE SIGNED IN £2.5M DEAL

images
17 YEAR OLD FRENCH LEFT-BACK LUCAS DIGNE HAS TODAY SIGNED FOR EWAN MACGREGOR'S YOUTHFUL NEWCASTLE UNITED SQUAD IN A £2.5M DEAL FROM LILLE. HE JOINS A HOST OF FRENCHMEN AT ST JAMES PARK AND SHOULD PROVIDE COMPETITION FOR DAVIDE SANTON AT LEFT BACK.

images

CHELSEA STRIKER SET FOR NEWCASTLE

9k=

Fans of Newcastle are said to be delighted with the vision shown by manager Ewan MacGregor as Chelsea's prolific young striker Daniel Sturridge signs 1 year loan deal.

images

Z
SIME VRSALJKO HAS TODAY SPOKEN OF HIS EXCITEMENT AT SIGNING FOR NEWCASTLE IN A £3.5M DEAL FROM DINAMO. HE JOINS A HOST OF WONDERKIDS AT THE CLUB AND IT SEEMS THAT IF YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH, YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH, ACCORDING TO MANAGER EWAN MACGREGOR.

images

TRANSFER NEWS

Fraser Fyvie has today signed for Newcastle United in a £3M deal from SPL outfit Aberdeen. The highly rated midfielder, some claiming could be the next Graeme Souness, couldn't hide his joy as he was paraded at St James' park this afternoon.

Trying to keep my posts short and sweet at the moment, simply just updating transfer news. Will post pre-season update soon.

Comments/feedback appreciated

images

PRE-SEASON ROUND-UP

View attachment 246317

With a successful pre-season complete, and no less than 12 new players, fans of Newcastle are said to be optimistic about the season ahead, although some are understandably concerned at the number of youngsters signed by MacGregor and the sale of star player Fabricio Coloccini.

NUFCTV caught up with the Manager yesterday:

NUFCTV: Well Ewan, that's pre-season out of the way, how do you feel it went?

Ewan MacGregor: I feel we played well in all of our matches. It was really about getting the players, old and new adapting to the new formation I want to play and about getting the fitness levels up. We have no major injury concerns ahead of the West Brom game on 13th August and I think the atmosphere among the camp is good.

NUFCTV: Why sign so many youngsters?

Ewan MacGregor: Well, I have to argue that the players I have brought in are all of an exceptionally high quality, there are some real wonderkids in my squad and you just need to look at the way young Verratti and Vrsaljko have played recently. We don't have the resources to match the spending power of man City and Arsenal and if we can keep this group of talented youngsters together and let them mature and develop together, I see big big things ahead.

NUFCTV: What about Coloccini?

Ewan MacGregor: Fab wasn't happy here, and made it clear he wanted to test himself at a bigger club. They don't come much bigger than Man City and we got what I consider to be a reasonable fee for him and I was allowed 100% of those funds, so I'm not selling players to balance the books. I can't have an unhappy player in my squad who wants to play elsewhere and I feel i have brought in an exciting young bunch of defenders in his place.

NUFCTV: Any more transfer news for us?

Ewan MacGregor: No comment ......

Back