Newcastle Sign Perch, Subject To Medical

• Thread starter Thread starter Cal.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 1K

Cal.

≡
Reaction score
http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100705/united-close-in-on-perch_2240137_2084379

Newcastle United can confirm that the Club has agreed terms with Nottingham Forest for the transfer of defender James Perch, subject to the player passing his medical.
Further details will be announced and posted on nufc.co.uk in due course
[SIZE=+0]

Can't say I've noticed him before, but supposedly we went for him in January, and he keeps in line with the under-26 policy. Also good to see some activity, however minor, in the market.

--------

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100705/perch-completes-magpies-switch_2240137_2084592

Four year contract, undisclosed fee
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
What's the Under 26 rule? :S

Sorry, I meant policy not rule. We (supposedly) have a policy of not buying players over 26

Ahh right, what about when you signed Michael Owen? :P

Anyway, not a clue about how good this Perch guy is, wonder how he'll cope in the Premier League.

Its a thing Ashley has introduced apparently this summer so players have a higher resale value.

Perch decent steady performer but nothing more than defensive cover.

Never heard of him before. Hopefully he turns out well.

Same, i am not familiar with his work. I like the sound of this under 26 rule - does that mean we are going to buy Messi?

no we dont have any money! but Ashley felt this policy was necessary the fat cockney pudding

How some 'toon fans' have never heard of him, when he has been a consistant player in a top four team in the division we just won, is beyond me.

He's ok, nothing special, but we knew we didn't have the money to bring in the big names, will be good cover while Simpson is out.

How some 'toon fans' have never heard of him, when he has been a consistant player in a top four team in the division we just won, is beyond me.

He's ok, nothing special, but we knew we didn't have the money to bring in the big names, will be good cover while Simpson is out.

No interest in the other championship squads, beyond a passing interest in how well Chopra was doing

Surely you should take an interest in the other teams you are competing with? I support a Premier League team but take an interest and follow results, dealings etc from all of the English leagues.

I have more interest in Premiership teams, just couldn't be bothered with getting to know the championship, partly out of despair at us being down there. I'd follow results and such, but defenders don't tend to get much mention there.

Pearch is a good tackler and thats it tbh. I don't know why you ever wanted him hahahaha! He played his only good match agasint you lot at your ground,

i dont know much about the dude but his english which is a good thing and pretty young.

Replacement for S.Taylor who is Liverpool bound. You'll see

Boom!

I :wub: it when we sign someone. :D

Taylor's going though. :(

Back