Newcastle sink further into red

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle football club's year outside the Premier League pushes them further into debt.

More...

It's not that bad, there are a lot of clubs who have probably announced bigger losses than us. That was the Championship season as well. I'd love to see how much profit we've made if we stay in the Premiership this year.

Sensationalist much? Only going a further £2m into debt in a relegation season is great, and I believe we're set to make a profit this year.

Premier League TV money + ticket receipts (St James is a nice sized stadium) + the sale of the Carroll for 35mil.
Im pretty sure Newcastle are fine

No surprise that they lost money during their season in the Championship. If they haven't already, they should make that money lost from being in the championship in no time.

Yet another twisted headline from the BBC. Newcastle will be fine as their accounts for this season will show.

As people have said before, just wait until the accounts show our first season back into the premier league, all the money that comes with that, plus the sale of carroll, we will be more than fine. I think that we 'only' lost £17.1million ('only' in a footballing sense) is actually very good, seen as we did keep a far few big stars that were on hefty contracts (I know we sold a few).

i am actually suprised by tat.. :s
£35 mill for Carroll and getting back into the premier league
But there Chairman is a tight asswipe

This figure isn't including your return to the Premier League or the £35M you got for selling Carroll..

Such a misleading thread title.

Also, something I saw on SSN is that the figures also showed that Mike Ashley invested a further £42M into the club during that period. Maybe he's not such a cuntwipe?

i am actually suprised by tat.. :s
£35 mill for Carroll and getting back into the premier league
But there Chairman is a tight asswipe

The amount quoted doesnt take into account the Carroll sale and getting back into the Premier League.

I'm happy with that......Ashley might not spend money(transfers) but at least he is trying to put us on a stable footing.....wheather it might cost us in the long run is yet to be seen!!!???.......and to be honest if Freddy was still at the club we could quite possibly be in major debt......meaning that he would of continued to spend money to compete with the 'Big boys'.......for once I can actually praise Ashley for doing something right.

yeah its a misleading title, im sure the toon will be sorted if they stay up and with the carroll sale :)

I'm happy with that......Ashley might not spend money(transfers) but at least he is trying to put us on a stable footing.....wheather it might cost us in the long run is yet to be seen!!!???.......and to be honest if Freddy was still at the club we could quite possibly be in major debt......meaning that he would of continued to spend money to compete with the 'Big boys'.......for once I can actually praise Ashley for doing something right.

LOL are you joking Ashley does nothing with the interest of the club at heart, all he is doing is trying to make the Club viable for a takeover so he can get his cash back, We will never see the Carroll money (maybe a small amount of it ) I wouldn't be surprised if he sells the club this summer and takes most of the 35 mil with him . Ashley is purely a business man He has put out a highly edited version of the accounts which paints him as the clubs saviour but look into the details of the financing .....oO)

Last edited:
LOL are you joking Ashley does nothing with the interest of the club at heart, all he is doing is trying to make the Club viable for a takeover so he can get his cash back, We will never see the Carroll money (maybe a small amount of it ) I wouldn't be surprised if he sells the club this summer and takes most of the 35 mil with him . Ashley is purely a business ma. He has put out a highly edited version of the accounts which paints him as the clubs saviour but look into the details of the financing .....oO)

Yawn. Hating Ashley without founding is so 2 years ago, if you look at what has been said and the money he's pumped in there's reason to be optimistic.

I won't be 100% until we spend lots of money on a striker but seriously, most of what you said was BS.

My money is that he buys a mediocre player for say less than £10million and the rest will go into 'developing the youth squad and facilitites'.

I never said he as the clubs best intrests....nor will he give out transfer funds......all I was saying was he is putting the club in a better finacial position.....which is a good thing, but also frustrating, because we want to see the club move forward and challege for a Europa league spot...and without further signings and investment we will not acheive this......I agree the sooner Ashley goes the better.......but you can not knock him for trying to make money!!

Football fans can never be pleased. When clubs get run for business purposes we are not happy cos they should be run for footballing reasons, then when they are run for footballing reasons and business not taken into consideration and get loads of debt we are not happy. Is anyone happy with their team at the moment? The team in the best financial position are meant to be one of the best in the world, and well they havent won much, dont need to say who.

this is why i hate the bbc, such a misleading title, what a load of tripe

Football fans can never be pleased. When clubs get run for business purposes we are not happy cos they should be run for footballing reasons, then when they are run for footballing reasons and business not taken into consideration and get loads of debt we are not happy. Is anyone happy with their team at the moment? The team in the best financial position are meant to be one of the best in the world, and well they havent won much, dont need to say who.

I'm happy with Wigan..

this is why i hate the bbc, such a misleading title, what a load of tripe
You read the BBC's version and you would think we were going into admin or something its rubbish
I just watched an interview on Sky News about Newcastle's release of their finances
They are suggesting the books have been cooked lol

Back