Newcastle stand by boss Hughton

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle issue a statement after the 4-0 Carling Cup defeat by Arsenal, backing manager Chris Hughton amid speculation over his future.

More...

Good, i think he is a decent manager and they should give him this whole season atleast. Its poor that people are even talking about him getting sacked yes its Newcastle but they are still a newly promoted team so lets treat them like one.

So they should stand by him, make judgements come the end of the season, not because they've been knocked out of a pointless competition.

This is stupid , just because they`re out of the Carling Cup , lost against Arsenal , not Darlington or Luton , no offence ..... in EPL they are 9th , very good for a newly promoted team ..... what more do they want ???

He's doing better than Alan Shearer could..

Meh. We should have won last night. Hughton out plz.

Only Joking, I quite like him!

This is stupid , just because they`re out of the Carling Cup , lost against Arsenal , not Darlington or Luton , no offence ..... in EPL they are 9th , very good for a newly promoted team ..... what more do they want ???

We don't want any more, just the media and bookies are having their fun and making their money from bullshitting, so the club has decided to shut them up.

Ridiculous that anyone suggests this:

• He won the Championship with 102 points.
  • He had no money to do this.
  • We are 9th in the table.
  • We still have no money.
  • He beat Chelsea away from home, scoring 4 goals at SB.

Pathetic that this has come up.

I really have no idea where this stupid rumour has came from. Hughton is great.

This does seem very harsh, with their budget and current squad of players i am in no doubt he is doing a very good job. The players seem to back him and he good at dealing with the usual Barton or Carroll situation.

Hughton is the best manager newcastle had in a while and they want to sack him outrageous XD

1. It is Arsenal, they will always be tough opposition to defeat.
2. By any margin the fans would be upset by being defeated, but that's football.
3. Ludicrous to suggest that they would get rid of him this early in the season, especially after all that he has contributed to at St James.

As we know, this is BS :)

hughton has done a fantastic job with little to no money.

players back him.....fans certainly back him, so the fat cockney would be making a HUGE mistake to get rid of hughton....i mean we hate him enough already, dont give us more of an excuse :)

Hughton is one of those managers who goes about their job with minimal fuss, gets on with it and doesn't complain. He took us from the brink of meltdown last May, and moulded the players we had into a hard-working, well-oiled team, and has spent under 10m on 10 players, of which they have all started well at Newcastle. The only transfer I disagree with was James Perch. Was not a Forest regular, yet we spent 1m on him. However, he has potential.

Hughton is a good manager and hes done well with newcastle after the mess they were left in

Hughton is one of those managers who goes about their job with minimal fuss, gets on with it and doesn't complain. He took us from the brink of meltdown last May, and moulded the players we had into a hard-working, well-oiled team, and has spent under 10m on 10 players, of which they have all started well at Newcastle. The only transfer I disagree with was James Perch. Was not a Forest regular, yet we spent 1m on him. However, he has potential.

I'd say Perch and Best.

Also, I was wondering why he signed Routledge at the time, but he is a pretty good player.

I'd say Perch and Best.

Also, I was wondering why he signed Routledge at the time, but he is a pretty good player.

I don't know, Best does actually try in his games. Once he gets back from injury, I would like to see him get a run in the side and start his goalscoring. Perch, is not good enough to play yet. Simpson is more accomplished, and has experience at this level. however, I think he has the potential to become a decent full back.

I don't know, Best does actually try in his games. Once he gets back from injury, I would like to see him get a run in the side and start his goalscoring. Perch, is not good enough to play yet. Simpson is more accomplished, and has experience at this level. however, I think he has the potential to become a decent full back.

Best is awful. No where near prem standard.

Once Best finds his form we'll see if he can cut it, he's been unlucky so far (like that shot off the bar) and once he's back from injury he's going to struggle to get his chance with Carroll, Ameobi, Lovenkrands and Ranger up against him. I wouldn't mind seeing the back of him however.

good, they would be insane to sack him, he has done an excellent job

Back