Ossis Mandos

Reaction score
Sorry no fancy name. I started to create this tactic over a month ago to see if I could create one that was successful in terms of winning and not really scoring. I didn’t touch the player’s instructions at all, sliders are on default. The only part I changed was on the team instructions and the set pieces. The tactic is a 4-1-2-1-2.
I started to experiment with Newcastle in the EPL and found that it worked very well.

A screenshot of team and set pieces
Team Instructions
View attachment 316547

Set Piece set up
View attachment 316546

A few screenshots of games

Capital One Cup Final
View attachment 316545

Euro Cup Final
View attachment 316543

Final League Table
View attachment 316540

I won EPL, C1Cup and Euro Cup.. I did lose on pens to Man Utd in FA Cup Final. So for me in conclusion a very good season and a great outcome. Just thought I would share this, as it is what it is. If you choose to try all I did with the tactic is here in the thread. Training of players is how you personally wish. For me FB=FB, CD=BPD, DM and CM=BtB, AMC and ST=Complete Forward.

Pre-Season training is
"Team Cohesion" "Very High" 50% and "Tactics only" until fluid

Is also set to "Team Cohesion" "Very High" 50% and "Attacking Movement" when season begins.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mt7it11psuosyrg/mags_home.tac

Last edited:
Sorry no fancy name. I started to create this tactic over a month ago to see if I could create one that was successful in terms of winning and not really scoring. I didn’t touch the player’s instructions at all, sliders are on default. The only part I changed was on the team instructions and the set pieces. The tactic is a 4-1-2-1-2.
I started to experiment with Newcastle in the EPL and found that it worked very well.

A screenshot of team and set pieces
Team Instructions
View attachment 735054

Set Piece set up
View attachment 735055

A few screenshots of games

Capital One Cup Final
View attachment 735058

Euro Cup Final
View attachment 735061

Final League Table
View attachment 735065

I won EPL, C1Cup and Euro Cup.. I did lose on pens to Man Utd in FA Cup Final. So for me in conclusion a very good season and a great outcome. Just thought I would share this, as it is what it is. If you choose to try all I did with the tactic is here in the thread. Training of players is how you personally wish. For me FB=FB, CD=BPD, DM and CM=BtB, AMC and ST=Complete Forward.

Well done mate - and quite the achievement with Newcastle 1st season - your results show alot of promise and I will have to check this one out at one point, maybe test it with the templates if you'd like. I'm thinking better players stronger results, but I love that you don't use wingers, I hope people will try this and give you some feedback you deserve it.

Cheers mate

Thank you, just thought after all I have learnt from yourself and others I would have a go. Not sure if it would do well with template against other peoples tactics but in a way would be nice to know if it was good for top teams as well as with teams such as Newcastle a top half team!

There isn't one.. All you need to do is copy what I have done in the 2 screenshots at the top of the opening post.. Nothing more to the tactic than you see in those 2 screenshots for Team and Set Pieces. Rest is how you manage your team etc....

Have added a link to Mediafire to download tactic.. Is at bottom of opening post... Let me know if you have problems downloading it if you choose too.

this formation was one of the best formations in fm11 if I can remember. Nice results and good job mate,it was an insane first season with Newcastle!

Last edited:
2nd season with Newcastle.

After success in 1st season.. was a bit disappointed at some of the results. So I changed to Focus Passing to Through the middle. This did improve the results.. Just not as good in EPL as season before.. Was not helped by a lot of injuries to defenders, but is same for all and I had no adequate back up. Maybe I wished for more than was able to do with tactic. I did win Euro Super Cup on pens against Bayern, also won FA Cup. Lost on pens to Bayern in CL S/Final. So perhaps season not as bad as I feel it was. A few screenshots.

Fixtures

View attachment 315315 View attachment 315314

Champions League 2nd leg Semi Final against Bayern

View attachment 315313

FA Cup Final

View attachment 315312

EPL Final league standings

View attachment 315311

Just finished a full season with R.Madrid and doing the change to the focus passing improved results. Did have an odd number of strange results, mainly draws but some defeats in CL and Spanish Cup. I thought tactic was not going well but at end of season, I won league, CL and scored most goals in this save in CL. All in all was surprised at how well it all went as it didn't feel like it was at times. A few SS

Some Fixtures

View attachment 314991

CL Final and CL record goals
View attachment 314990 View attachment 314989

League Table

View attachment 314988