Newcastle Town FC - Bringing glory to Lyme Valley Stadium

SCFC_Butters

Reaction score
Breaking news coming from Lyme Valley stadium. Current manager Greg Clowes has been rumoured to have been sacked. No-one yet knows the reason for his dismissal, sources believe that a fall out with the Newcastle board was the main reason.

News update.

It has now been confirmed Greg Clowes has had his contract terminated with imidiate affect. The reason why is truely the shock in this story. It appears that Greg Clowes was caught ******* in a field somewhere in Newcastle under Lyme. Clowes was not alone in this story he was also with two footballers from Stoke City another football club from Staffordshire. The two Stoke City players are believed to be full time moaning gits and part time **** footballers, Dave Kitson and James Beattie. Beattie was available for comment after training. "This is an incident which I deeply regret, all the birds Ashley Cole has been texting were supposed to come but they never did, I did get to see Dave Kitson's ginger **** though so every cloud."

New manager unvailed.

Massive shock at Lyme Valley, Liam Johnson has become the new manager of Newcastle Town. Liam Johnson a name not many people really know is a local lad who lives about 10 minutes away from Lyme Valley stadium has no experience of football management is thought to be a insane risk by the Castle fans. Newcastle Town chairman Nigel Beresford disagrees, "I've got great confidence in Liam. I believe that he can bring success to this club. Also it was between Liam and some other bloke but I found out he had a soft spot for Arsenal and I can't be having that at this club."

Liam Johnson's first interview.

Speaking for the first time since being appointed as manager Liam Johnson had a few words to say. "I would like to thank the chairman for this wonderful opportunity, my first love will always be Stoke City but i've always kept an eye on Castle's result so it's great to be given chance to be able to work here."

2nk6jpf.png

Name: Newcastle Town FC
Founded: 1964
Ground: Lyme Valley Stadium (Capacity: 4,000 (300seated))
Chairman: Nigel Beresford
Training Facilities: Basic
Youth Facilities: Minimal
League: North West Counties Premier League (lvl 9)
Media Prediction: 1st
Minimum Board Expection: League winners
Transfer Budget: £0
Wage Budget: £625

Pre-season results

Newcastle Town 1-1 Chorley
Newcastle Town 0-1 Glapwell
Stratford 2-1 Newcastle Town
Newcastle Town 0-0 Salford
Newcastle Town 0-9 Man Utd XD
Newcastle Town 1-0 GH Academy
Newcastle Town 1-3 Woodley Sports
Newcastle Town 2-0 Warrington

Not a brilliant pre seaon by any means but my team wasn't really built yet so I'm not too worried.

Transfers

IN

Wade is a much better CM then most in this league and i'm hoping he produce the goods for us while on loan

View attachment 74004

A free transfer from Stone Dominoes hoping he can produce a good partership in the middle of the pitch with Adam Wade

View attachment 74005

Roberts will not be playing every week but is good cover for DM/CM positions.

View attachment 74006

We already have a decent GK but the rest were terrible so bringing in a backup goal keeper was a neccesity.

View attachment 74007

Gary gives this team vital expreience to this squad, he has the attributes to be a rock in defence for us.

View attachment 74008

Mansfield have been made our parent club so I was looking for a good few youngsters to bring in on loan, Jonathan was our first. A full back who can play LB or RB with great pace i'm looking to him to be one of our performers this season.

View attachment 74009

A free transfer from Buckland, his finishing isn't amazing but he's a quick ******, i'm hoping he can bang them in this season.

View attachment 74010

A back up RB who wont be starting alot, if he plays well when he gets the chance he may get the chance to establish himself in the starting 11

View attachment 74011

Another loanee from Mansfield he's got good attributes and can play in either full back positions so I hope he can perform for us.

View attachment 74012

A loanee from Mansfield he'll be competing for the RB spot with Craven.

View attachment 74013

I'm very happy with this transfer got very good attributes for this league and Beeach will be partnering Michael Grant upfront.

View attachment 74014

A young lad on loan from Kidderminster he's much better then most DC in this league and will benefit playing in the heart of our defence along side the exprienced Gary Thorne.

Current squad and tactics.

View attachment 74028

I hope people can be botherd to read this, it's my first story so any tips will be appreciated. August update will be put on tomorrow.

Good luck mate I will definitely follow. I only live 10 minutes away from Castle :)

August 2009.

NWC Premier Division
View attachment 74127

I wanted to make a good start at this club, a first win will take away the nerves. And well we certainly did that. A lovely cross from Andrew Matthews fell straight onto experienced striker Paul Macari's head who buried it into the bottom corner. A great pass from Richard Craven put Micael Grant through on goal who finished with ease. Castle's 3rd goal was briiliant after stringing about 10 passes together the ball was given to Ashley Hill who ran towards the area and scoring a delightful goal from outside the 18 yard box to complete the win.

FA Cup 1st qualifying Round 1

View attachment 74131

We were the much bigger favorities for this game so I played some fringe players for this match. I was still expecting the win though and we dominated the match. Some good work down the left by Scott gardner put Paul Macari through on goal which he calmly put away. After much Castle pressure Pegasus Juniours failed to clear the ball and the debutant Adam Wade picked the ball up outside the box skinned two defenders then slotted in the bottom corner of the goal giving the keeper no chance. Adam Wade then became provider, Wade spotted subsitute Lee Madin with acres of space on the penalty spot and a great pass picked him out which Madin put away.

NWC Premier Division
View attachment 74133

The first away game of the season I was hoping for atleast a point but my team had better ideas with a very pleasing performance. Ashley Hill made an excellent pass from the halfway line inbetween Squire Gates two central defenders and Adam Wade who had another brilliant game was able to out-pace all of the oppositions defence run round the goal keeper to prod the ball into the empty net. Squire Gates had us on the back foot for most of the game and pilling on the pressure in the 85th minute goal keeper Greg Smith threw the ball out wide to Adam Wade who cut inside and played a ball into the area straight to the path of Michael Grant who was able to hold off a defender and neatly finish to grab all 3 points.

NWC Premier Division
View attachment 74152

An easy win for Castle with both goals coming in the first 10 minutes. Tom Beech making his first start in Castle colours made an imidiate impact, Beech held the ball outside the box played a nice one two with Grant and almost broke the net with a great strike in the 3rd minute much to the supports delight. Ashley Hill picked up the ball halfway into Silsden's half picked out an unmarked Lee Madin inside the box who placed the ball into the bottom corner. Silsden came at us for the remainder of the game but our defence always looked untroubled and the win was never in doubt.

FA Cup 2nd qualifying round 2.

View attachment 74156

We have a much better team then Redhill and should of won this game comfortably. Some sloppy defending allowed Redhill midfielder Mark McGibbon XD walk past two of our defenders with ease which he then scored a beauty of a goal 20 yards out giving an early shock lead. Castle were piling on the pressure and something finally gave way in the 63rd minute subsitute Paul Macari played Michael Grant through on goal who just managed the offside trap Grant slotted home much to the opposition's anger who believe the goal was offside. Castle tried to look for a winner but it wasn't our day. The match ended up a draw giving us an extra unwanted game.

August Matches
Wins 4
Draws 1
Losses 0
Awards: NWC Premier Devision manager of the month

League Table

Player of the month
Adam Wade

Not played every game due to fitness but when he has played he's absolutley bossed the midfeild and popped up with a 2 goals and 2 assists in the 3 games he's played. I'll try sign him on a permanent deal if he continues this form.

A very pleasing first month in the job with some great performances in the league, disappointed we drew vs Redhill in the FA Cup but it's not a disaster by anymeans.

Last edited:
Good start, keep it up :)

EVO-STIK CHALLENGE 2011/12

Evo-Stik Challenge 2011/12

Back for yet another season
A FREE to enter Football Competition on
www.clitheroefc2.co.uk
--------------------------------
Do you know your Evo-Stik Football?
Here's a chance to prove it.

Taking part will only take a few minutes of your time,
but your interest in your selected teams will last the whole season and it's free!
Just pick three teams from each league. Easy!
NEW to this season are the MiniLeagues.

Full details on
www.clitheroefc2.co.uk

and Click on Evo-Stik Challenge
----------------------
Finally good luck to you and your respective team for the coming season.
(That's if you're not playing Clitheroe FC)

Note! Entries close 3pm 13th August 2011.

Cheers Peter
www.clitheroefc2.co.uk