Masoaoki

Reaction score
Sup, I decided I'd do a new story since I've finished all my work and stuff and you know what it's like when you take a break from a save for ages, you just lose interest in it, which has happened with my Lazio save so I've decided to start a new one....as Newcastle!

I know Newcastle are (currently) famed for their French army in the team however I plan on changing this with my 2 simple rules for this save:
1) Can Sign a maximum of 3 players a season, only 1 can be foreign (not GB)
2) Players signed can be at most 23

So Hopefully I can gradually turn them around to being British and proud!

Not going to bother doing some story about how Pardew had *** with Mike Ashley's wife so got sacked or anything like that then how I was a young player whose career was tragically cut short in an accident involving a bison, a tractor and a Rubik's Cube (Oh the horror).
Instead I'll just leave you with this crappy intro and post up my pre-season and transfers when I've done them in a few hours, toodaloo!

View attachment 386008

Pre-season and Transfers

View attachment 386015

Just a quick note, I'm using the LFC Marshall update that came out today (7th September)

Well pre-season is now done and although I had 3 specific targets in mind and I only managed to get 2, I'm still very happy with the business I've done (so far).

I started off by telling the board we'd finish in the top half, this gave me an extra £0.75m and no more wages so I don't really know why I did it... But I'm aiming for 7th minimum anyways so I'm not too bothered:
View attachment 471559

So here's who I bought:
View attachment 471558

Now I know what you're all thinking, "Oh god, Will Hughes AGAIN" however I really needed him to be my back-up (and eventual successor) to Cabaye, plus he's English. Here's the players profiles:

View attachment 471557

The maestro himself, everyone knows what Will Hughes is about so no need to talk too much about him. He's just an absolute beast.

View attachment 471556

Tom Ince is a player I really like in real life and I've never seen anyone properly develop him on FM13 so I thought I'd give it a go, not too expensive at £6.5m and I've got high hopes for him. He comes in battling Gouffran for the starting spot on my Left Wing

View attachment 471555

After missing out on my other main target I decided that Full Back was an area that needed to be strengthened. Again I've never seen Chambers fully developed and my LB is a lot stronger than RB with Santon and Haidara so I thought I'd go for Chambers instead of Shaw. He's definitely second choice behind Debuchy though.

My other main target was Andrea Bertolacci from Genoa however he didn't want to join me (what a ****.) so I went after Chambers instead. I'll probably go after Bertolacci next Summer instead.

As for outgoings, well ehre they are so far:
View attachment 471549

The only one of the permanent transfers who might've got into the first team is Gutierrez however I was more than happy to just sell him as I have Gouffran, Sammy Ameobi and now Tom Ince to play in that position. Obertan and Marveaux were never getting near the team and Vuckic needs at least another year out on loan.

A healthy profit of £11.5m made from transfers and I'm still trying to sell Dan Gosling so hopefully it can be a bit more come the end of the window.

Pre-season results:

Gateshead 0 - 2 Newcastle
Cabaye, Shola Ameobi

Carlisle 0 - 6 Newcastle
Cisse x3, Ben Arfa x3

Ascoli 1 - 2 Newcastle
Ince, Shola Ameobi

Palermo 1 - 1 Newcastle
Ben Arfa

Treviso 1 - 6 Newcastle
Gouffran x2, Cisse x3, Sissoko

So a decent pre-season overall. Good to see Cisse scoring a few and Ameobi as they're my 2 main strikers (never liked Remy, he'll be on Right Wing mostly). We start the season with Stoke away and in the Capital One Cup we've been drawn against Middlesborough at home.

Cheers!

Decided to just scrap my own rules and play it as a normal save (lol that lasted long)

First update will be up until January as I got carried away playing, will be up in an hour or two

Wow u got some seriously good money 4 them guys ! Last time I was Newcastle marveux went for about £3m, Obertan £4m and Jonas about £8m. Also never seen chambers b4 so will check him out ! Keep it up :)

August to December

To start with I made a loan signing on deadline day, Wilfried Zaha. He's not going to be an automatic starter but he's my main back up to Ben Arfa:

View attachment 470541

Onto my results and I guess we'll start with the Premier League

View attachment 470538

So a pretty decent start to the season. 2 Early season hiccups have been virtually wiped out by some amazing form coming through November and December. Yohan Cabaye has been amazing, notching up 8 assists already to top the assists charts for the league and being second for key passes.

With this great start surely we're near the top?

View attachment 470539

We are top!! Our defence has been absolutely incredibly conceding only 9 goals in 20 games so far and that's the main reason to our success so far. Not playing in Europe has really helped as well to be fair as the players are fresh every week so I can virtually play my best 11 every game.

In the Capital One Cup we haven't done as well:

View attachment 470537

2 scrappy victories against pretty weak teams then a defeat to Wigan who we've drawn at home again in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Not the best showing then.

Here's the squads stats so far:

View attachment 470536

Some good performances there. Yanga-Mbiwa has been injured for practically the entire season so far but that hasn't mattered as my other 3 Centre Backs, especially Steven Taylor, have just been amazing. Cabaye has been the undoubted star though, running the show from midfield and without further ado..

Player of the Half Season - Yohan Cabaye

View attachment 470535

And to finish I've signed Halilovic, Ryan Gauld and Tony Watt but none will be starters this season. This does spell the end for Remy at the club though.

Finally I got this on January 1st:
View attachment 470534

I decided to just go for top half finish as there wasn't much point choosing the others..

January to May

So after quickly deciding when I started the save that there was no point in following my own rules but that I'd still try to make Newcastle more home-grown overall, I went on a bit of a shopping spree:

View attachment 469701

I organised deals to get Gauld, Halilovic and Watt in before the start of the window. I've never had any of them for a particularly long time and after seeing how HAND OF GOD does with Watt (Check out his Hammers story!) I decided to try him out properly. Surprisingly he came straight here despite seemingly being on loan at Lierse. I signed Chalobah as soon as I noticed that this was an African Cup of Nations year and that Tiote and Cisse would be gone so Watt and Chalobah have some big shoes to fill, especially Watt! Isiaiah Brown is one for the future and won't get a game this season or for a few most likely but I just thought why not? Worth a try at £3m. Since I'm using LFC Marshall's update I went after Dier because he's actually decent on these unlike the official updates, again he's one for the future but he'll get a few games this season in the FA Cup. Finally on transfer deadline day I got my man! I got Bertolacci for £5m in total despite being quoted £5m to EACH of Roma and Genoa earlier in the window so very happy to get him, backup to Sissoko for this season most likely.

So who did I offload to make the books equal?

View attachment 469700

Gauld wasn't going to get any game time and neither were Sammy Ameobi, Mbabu or Nicholson so I was happy for them to go on loan. Shola definitely wasn't going to play with Watt now coming in so I sent him the other way for a reasonable fee and Anita just hadn't impressed me at all so when Zenit (and Man City about 5 times) came in for him I was happy to get let him go as it gave me a transfer profit for the season!

So at January 1st when I left you I was top of the table and playing superbly so how did I do for the rest? Well you'll have to wait a minute because first I'll do the FA Cup:

View attachment 469699

Not the best results but at least we didn't lose to Wigan again! Not too bothered as the league was my real focus, we should have won the Man U game though.

Here's the league results:

View attachment 469698

Hugely impressive through the second half of the season and if I remember correctly we've dropped only 2 points at home ALL season (18 wins and 1 draw!!), pretty amazing if I'm honest. The key to this form was a combination of Cabaye being godly and my defence just refusing the let any goals in until near the end of the season.
But with those 2 late slip ups against Man U and Norwich was this enough to hold off the others and win the title?

View attachment 469697

You bet it was!!!!
With by far the best defence in the league, even with conceding at least goal in 9 of our last 10 games, and the second best attack we've been superb and if I'm honest deserve the title.
Here's the team and player stats for the season, check out Cabaye and also Krul's huge lead in clean sheets!

View attachment 469696View attachment 469695

Here's a selection of the awards won by us, praise and team of the year (general end of the season stuff)

View attachment 469693
View attachment 469694
View attachment 469692
View attachment 469691

Team Of the Year:
View attachment 469690

Very pleased to get both Debuchy and Santon in there although totally unexpected!

For me personally:

View attachment 469688

Have to say I kind of expected to win Manager of the year once the title was won but what came next was rather unexpected:

View attachment 469689

I'm 8th already in the Colombian HoF!

Here's the squads stats before a bit on the Player of the Year (who is probably rather obvious)

View attachment 469687

Some amazing performances all the way through however you may notice Cabaye is unhappy, he wanted a new contract but was asking for £130k a week which I just can't afford so unfortunately I'm going to have to let him go at the end of the season. Other obvious highlights include Cisse getting 26 goals, Krul getting countless clean sheets and Tom Ince getting 10 assists in his debut season.

However nothing compared to one man, who is sadly leaving as I've already agreed a deal with a (not surprising) team for him.

Player of the Year - Yohan Cabaye

View attachment 469686

Player of the year is normally a bit of a tough decision as CBs average ratings are normally just so much higher than everyone else's but this season Cabaye was the star undoubtedly. Highest average rating in the league, most assists by a country mile and just genuinely amazing. Will be sad to see him go but he did also win this, which is well deserved:

View attachment 469685

So that's it for season one. Don't know why I did the updates this way and I'm not sure if it'll continue as I prefer doing it like this but I feel it doesn't really engage people or make the story very interesting so I will probably do monthly updates or combine 2 months into one update if one month (normally August, September and April) has like no games.

So for the summer I have a few goals:
1) Sign Chalobah, he's been amazing and after 1 more season as Tiote's back up he'll be ready to be first choice as an Anchor Man, added advantage that he's very capable at CB and CM.
2) Get rid of the dead weight, I'm talking about people like Williamson, Ryan Taylor and Gouffran who even if they're fit (which Gouffran never was after October) won't get into the team
3) Look for some good English bargains.

See you soon guys!​