Newcastle United - Target Man

• Thread starter nwillo
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2K
N

nwillo

Hello!

I've started an epic adventure as the new manager of my favourite club, Newcastle United, in FM20. I've inherited one of my favourite players, the man, the myth, the legend... Andy Caroll! It's great having him back at the Toon, however, I have never been able to get the big target man 'firing', well not since the FM12 series... Do any of my fellow tacticians have any ideas on how I can build my team around him in a Target Man - Support (role), I'd love to utilize the big man's unique stats! Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Neal :D

I was also willing to give Carroll a chance in my newcastle save but the guy is so injury prone that you cant build a tactic or a team around him.

I was also willing to give Carroll a chance in my newcastle save but the guy is so injury prone that you cant build a tactic or a team around him.
Yes! Unfortunately, the game is very realistic, haha! Joelinton has similar traits to big AC7, so I'm thinking of rotating them both, in an attempt to keep Mr. Bump out of the treatment room as often as possible!
I'm thinking a wing play tactic consisting of 4-3-3 with a Target Man (Attack) role, hopefully manage to tempt Erling Haaland to the North-East to take the pressure of Carroll! Haha!
Cheers for the reply :D