Newcastle United - The Entertainers

• Thread starter Thread starter nufcwillaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4K

nufcwillaz

Reaction score
Hi there I've recently got back into football manager so have been browsing around the forums reading, have noticed there isn't really a thread following a Newcastle game, so decided to share mine. I'm currently halfway through my second season, but will be back tracking and starting from the beginning. Will post first update soon! Thanks :)

View attachment 377569
NEWCASTLE UNITED

The Aim - Recreate attractive football on tyneside, bring glory to the north, for once..

As stated, i am currently midway through my second season, i will start by posting updates from the first season, so will have a lot of content to post - First i will sum up the team i inherited and detail what needs to go, what needs strengthening.

Key Players-

GK - Tim Krul

View attachment 377577

Tim Krul has shown his potential since making his first appearance for Newcastle against Palermo the last time Newcastle were in europe, heres to hoping he can live up to those expectations in Newcastle's first season back in europe since that season!

Defense - Fabricio Coloccini

View attachment 377580
Captain Colo - Ever Since the relegation season Coloccini has been on top form for Newcastle, the captain is the heart of the defense and lets hope that continues!

​Midfield - Yohan Cabaye
View attachment 377583
Yohan Cabaye (Dreamboat) This beautiful human being is the heart of the midfield and is a must keep player for newcastle this season.. can we hold onto him?

​Midfield - Hatem Ben Arfa
View attachment 377585
Hatem Bomb! This boy can glide past just about anyone on the pitch and scores some remarkable goals, will be another key man for Newcastle, but like Cabaye, can we keep him?

Attacker - Papis Demba Cisse
View attachment 377586
Cisse joined Newcastle in january and was an instant hit, can this continue into the new season and take Newcastle further

Along with these key players Newcastle also have the likes of Santon, Mbiwa, Streete, Campbell who are a few of the young players who should have big expectations in the game.. i will be posting my transfers up shortly.​

​Transfers Out

View attachment 377594

• [*=center]First off i shipped out alot of young players on loans for the season or till january
    [*=center]Second call was to sell Cheick Tiote, Spurs came in with a £20mil offer, and with the likes if Cabaye, Sissoko and Anita capable of playing the same role, i cashed in.
    [*=center]Then i shipped out Obertan to West Brom, i was surprised i got money for him!
Transfer In

View attachment 377593

• [*=center]With left midfield consisting of Gutierrez and Marveux i needed to strengthen this area, Chadli gives me a more quality option in this area and can also cover on the right
    [*=center]With my intention to play a holding midfielder and 2 cms, i decided to use half the money i got for Tiote and brought in young Real Sociedad midfielder illaremndi to rotate with my other midfielders
    [*=center]Then i brought in a young striker called Ademilson, this was a gamble by me as i dont know much about him, but i hope it pays off!

Start of season line up!
View attachment 377607
This is what i consider my full strength line up, players grey'd out as screenshot was from end of season

Next up will be pre season updates!

Pre Season - It starts here!

View attachment 377609

A very short pre season by all means! 3 main games and a game against the reserves.

Reserves -Against the reserves was an easy one to call, Cisse, Gouffran and Tiote got on the score sheet before jetting off to Spurs

Anderlect -This was a game we largerly dominated and it was Cisse who grabbed a brace

Dortmund -This was a game was a close game however the power of the germans shone through and grabbed a 1-0 win

Houston - Largely dominated this game, should have won by a larger number! Cisse once again shone with his 4th goal of preseason.

Premier League and Europa League begin!

View attachment 377613

A poor start to the premier league campaign, only 2 wins in the first 2 months of the season, not the start i wanted in my new entertainers era! highlights being a 4-2 win over spurs with Ben Arfa and Cisse both bagging a brace, also going through to the group stages of the europa league, starting with a draw at Feyenoord, how far can we get in europe before the same old newcastle kick in!

View attachment 377614
That meant after 6 games we languished in 14th place! not the best of starts at all...​

No luck in the league, but stars in europe!
View attachment 377616

i wont even bother mentioning the league, as you can see having no luck in the league what so ever, europe on the other hand looks very good, 4 wins out of 4 only conceding 1 goal! putting us top of out group already qualifying for the next round! lets go!

(As you can see i am just summarizing this season as it is already complete)

View attachment 377617

The lowest of the low! 18th! heading into december, is there anyway back in the league and can the europa league form keep up and transfer into the league?!

We are looking more like that lot over the water than the Entertainers at the minute...

Another positive is we have Blackburn in the Quarter finals of the Capital One Cup. Fingers crossed​

A much better showing, maybe we can turn this around..
View attachment 377618

this was much better in the league, other than the humiliating defeat to sunderland! however we finished to pof our europa league group which is always a bonus!

View attachment 377619

Risen up the table these 2 months - now up to 9th now, still not where we want to be, but slowly playing better football and climbing, thats all i can ask!

January Transfers

View attachment 377620

Only incoming was this guy for 7.5mil to help ademilson to settle! looks a hot prospect, is one for the future but may feature in some games this season.

in terms of exits, only a few younger players out on loan, no sales! really pleased to have kept the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa so far!

Will Update the reason of my first season tomorrow!

FC Twente's Douglas agrees to join Newcastle!
View attachment 377912
View attachment 377913
Douglas has agreed to join Newcastle united at the end of the 2012/13 season! Really glad i managed to get there infront of a number of stronger teams and sign a pre contract is even better, that means unless i lose a centre back next season will start with a choice of Coloccini, Douglas, Mbiwa and Taylor!

Feb/March - -Europa League form continues!
View attachment 377914

Although our premier league form is pretty decent at the minute, out form in the europa league is brilliant! brushing aside Anji and Inter Milan with relative ease in the knock out rounds, now its time for the last 8!

Game of the month:
Inter Milan 0-3 Newcastle

An easy 3-0 win for the toon sees them easily through to the quarter final stages!
View attachment 377915

Still a mid table team!
View attachment 377916
31 games into the season, we still sit mid table, my main focus now is the europa league, but still wont distract me from keeping a healthy league postion.​

Premier League comes to a close!
View attachment 377919
Decided to concentrate on the europa league as my only goal was to qualify for europe again! my rotated squads lacked the strength to compete in the closing stages!

View attachment 377922
Finished 9th, we played some good football, but our poor start and end cost us our places further up the table!

Captain Colo wins player of the season!
Fabricio Coloccini wins Newcastle Uniteds player of the year, putting in outstanding performances in the league and europa league, the caption really lead the line!

Papis Cisse - Top Goal Scorer 16 League goals

Hatem Ben Arfa - 8 League Assists

Europa League Special, Coming Up!

Europa League Quarter Final - leg 1

Rubin Kazan 0 - 3 Newcastle United

Sissoko, Debuchy and Ben Arfa ****** the goals in a dominant away win, puts us in a good shape for the return league at St james' Park!
View attachment 377937

Europa League Quarter Final - leg 2

Newcastle United 4-1 Rubin Kazan
Jonas, Marveaux and Cisse x2 secured a place in the semi final with a 7-1 agg win!

View attachment 377938
Europa League Semi Final - leg 1

CSKA Moscow 1 - 1 Newcastle United

Papiss Cisse snatches a goal in the 69th minute to ensure we take an away goal back to St James' Park
View attachment 377939

Europa League Semi Final - leg 2

Newcastle United 1-0 CSKA Moscow
Once again Papiss Cisse pops up with a late goal to secure Newcastle Uniteds Place in the Europa League Final vs Liverpool!!

View attachment 377940

Europa League Final!

Liverpool 2-2 Newcastle

A Lucas own goal and Papiss Cisse scores in the 111minute to put the match through into penalties, what a tense and close final!

NEWCASTLE WIN 4-2 ON PENALTIES!

View attachment 377935View attachment 377936

SEASON REVIEW
all in all, im pleased with this season, we played attractive football. we had a poor attempt at the league and fa cup, but the europa league makes up for it, i hope to improve the squad next season and see if i can go further...

Great story so far plz keep it up. I recently started a save with newcastle too and just wondered what tactics you play?

Great story so far plz keep it up. I recently started a save with newcastle too and just wondered what tactics you play?

Ill continue when I get back round to it. I've just finished my second season so will continue to post over the weekend. And I use a one I found on here. The Brendan Rodgers one I think. Great passing tactic

Ill continue when I get back round to it. I've just finished my second season so will continue to post over the weekend. And I use a one I found on here. The Brendan Rodgers one I think. Great passing tactic
thanks

Back