Newcastle

Reaction score
In my first season I finished top with Newcastle, a new chairman was appointed for the club. He then gave me 28million to spend where I bought James Vaughan, Vagnor Love, Micheal Johnson (MAN CITY), Joe Hart. I got rid of Jonas as he wanted to leave for Villa. So a decent squad, which somehow I managed to get to 4th in the prem. Playing with a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 but with 1 main striker and 2 wingers. Vagnor Love for 10 Million is an absolute bargin, top scorer in the league and top marksman in europe. My main problem is all of a sudden, Newcastle is in a financial crisis. I am £5000 over my weekly wage budget, which I have got under control now, as I have offloaded Xisco to Hull. I am thinking that is going to continue unless i achieve a european place every season, which will be difficult as i have no transfer money left. Not even for the the new season.

Has this happend to any one else as well.

LET ME KNOW

THANKS

Hi there, you were luckier than me than, I've currently done 2 seasons with Newcastle. 1st season friendly's went great, than I have a new chairman take over unfortuantly he never gave me any money. So around 15/16 August asked for cash and recieved around £6m Didn't seem like much but helped in getting some coaches as I had pretty much none!
I got Wilshere and Delfounso on loan and they both did absolutely amazing for me. I was playing with a 4-4-2 diamond formation (new system has got me racking my brains) Basically still don't have great tactics as of yet, but been playing FM for 10 years and haven't given up yet!
I managed to get them up finishing 1st
By the end of the season I was £3.5m in debt because of hefty wages in not much TV rights in the Championship. Thankfully that changed in the Prem.
I didn't have the best of starts 2nd season, rock bottom after 6 games and things were not looking good. Made some poor transfer decisions apart from 1, personally I think he's the best GK on the game - Ochoa (forgive if mis-spelled) But he carried the team, and once he got used to English football, I moved up the table nearly 8th for a while. Then near the ending of the season,one bad result led to another and eventually finished 13th :'(
I did lose money by the end of the season, around £4m in debt again, but money at end of season cleared it.
If you notice on the finances screen though, Newcastle owe a small fortune in loans, and that does take a big chunk out of your budget.
As you so rightly said - Europe is your target, but then again isn't it everyone's :)

I just got that. I was deducted 9 points and denied competing for a European place in my first season in the Premier League. Very annoying! XD

Cool!! I've just won the Championship with Newcastle and really looking forward to improving the squad in the summer. I've got som ideas but all depending on budget though..
I think Newcastle is a lovely challenge for all FM fans.

Won the league in my first season, Newcastle are just too good for the Championship on FM10.

However, I'm now about 8 games into the second season and I think I've made some dodgy decisions in the transfer market. I got Macheda on loan for the season after impressing for me in my first season, so hopefully he'll continue this in the Prem. I also signed Barazite on loan from Arsenal for the season, who has some impressive stats for a 20 year old. However, the permanent signings I made were Nigel Reo-Coker, Roque Santa Cruz and Asier Del Horno.

Reo-Coker and Del Horno just haven't impressed, and Santa Cruz is very injury prone, and I have been getting hammered by teams like Everton, Tottenham and Man Utd. I've yet to play the likes of Chelsea, Villa, Liverpool etc, and the only teams I've managed to beat are Fulham, Bristol City and Nottingham Forest (2 of these were promoted with me to the Prem). I'm not sure if I've got what it takes to meet my pre season expectation of a mid table finish.

Back