Newcastle

Reaction score
I have just took over Newcastle at the end of 12/13 as they are about mid table in championship.
They got took over by a billionaire and gave me 19 mill to spend but no one wants to enter negotiations with me.
Any ideas why?

no, im bidding for people in the championship & the team accept but the player does not want to listen to my offer :/

which players are you bidding for? have you tried praising them? also it seems to work that if you get one good signing then other players start to take note and decide to follow suit as they can see that your club is making ambitious signings rather then it looking like just another championship club.

How strange. Have you tried any players from a player search with the unrealistic targets tick box ticked?

With the money you have you could get much better players.

nothing i dont think, just signed a couple of coaches & scouts & checked for who wanted to join me & it had decent players so dont know if the coaches helped??
Anyone got any ideas on who i could sign??

nothing i dont think, just signed a couple of coaches & scouts & checked for who wanted to join me & it had decent players so dont know if the coaches helped??
Anyone got any ideas on who i could sign??

What is your current lineup and any particular positions you want to improve on?

James Tomkins, NOOOOOOOOO...On a serious note, get rid of any player above 30. I use a little tactic on FM.

I sign a few 16-18 with high potential every season for little money, keep them in the reserves for a bit or loan them out.

When my players get to 28-30 I usually sell them off as they usually are just past their prime and you can normally get a bit of money out of them and my 16-18 year olds I signed are usually 20 -22 with a bit of experience and I throw them in to the first team to replace the player I sold at 30. Then as the years go past and by the time they gets to about 28 or 30 you can sell him for twice the amount you brought him for.

I wouldn't say it is a priority for your team to replace your keeper, Krul turns out to be a decent keeper. But I would change the following for starters:

AMR - Belhanda on loan with a view to sign at the end of the season or even Junior Hoilett.
ST - Carlos Fierro / Vaclav Kadlac
CB - Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

Looks like there is alot of work to be done with that team :)

Back