Newcastle's Best out for season

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 744

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle striker Leon Best is to undergo ankle surgery that will rule him out for the remainder of the season.

More...

Who needs Best when you have big Shola?

Uh oh! Need ranger and lovenkrands to big our pace up front off of shola, can see us playing 4-5-1 for rest of season!!

I think they should sell Ameobi, Lovenkrands & Best cause there rubbish and put Kuqi in his coffin.
Then Newcastle should sign Kévin Gameiro from Lorient, Moussa Sow from Lille, David Goodwillie from Dundee & Connor Wickham from Ipswich. Then..... Sign AZ Alkmaar goalkeeper Sergio Romero because he has said he wants to leave and he is a quality goalkeeper.
Last but not least, try and sign Gregory van der Wiel from Ajax and if that all goes to pot get Kyle Walker.
Its not like Newcastle dont have the money to do this now.
Thanks for reading. Goodbye!

Dont sell Ameobi, hes a quality striker! And hes been with us for a few years now and just gets on and does his job even when he doesnt play that much! I think it would be unfair on the lad just to sell him, I think hes got a few years of top quality football in him. Kuqi was just an emergency signing, but I think it would of been better to promote a youth team player to get him a bit of experience. Best is a decent striker!

I got a bit carried away there! I think Ryan Donaldson should be promoted to the first team now. Leon Best is a decent striker but I dont think he is good enough to play for Newcastle, thats just my opinion though.

Old news is old. Also Ashley, wtf are you on? Ameobi is a good striker, just inconsistent and often lazy. Best scored 6 goals in 7 games when given his chance. Lovenkrands I would sell if I could get money for him, otherwise he's alright for squad purposes. Kuqi isn't here as any kind of long-term solution, just a last resort body on a 6 month contract. We aren't going to buy 4 strikers, we need one or two. Whickham is not yet proven, we want someone we can rely on straight away, as much as it'd be nice to buy him, and just a plain no to Goodwillie. Gameiro and Sow we've been strongly linked to, looks more likely we'll be buying Gervinho over them though. £35m is nowhere near enough to buy those 6-7 players you've mentioned, and we wouldn't want all of them. We have three fine goalkeepers at the club, two of which are still in their early twenties.

You don't think Best is good enough for Newcastle, but you want Donaldson, who isn't our best reserve/youth striker, called up ahead of him?

Who needs Best when you have big Shola?

Indeed. Shola is a proven player, whereas Best has been poor all round apart from a handful of games. Shola, Nile and loven are better players IMHO, and Kuqi can certainly be something to aim for in the box when needs must.

Back